removing sump guard/ engine under tray

im fitting powerfler bushes to my gti today and it appeares that i have to remove the plastic tray under the engine to be able to undo the bolt that holds the wishbone on.

its a bit of a bitch and i wasnt expectng it, how do i remove it?

Edited by Richud

There should just be several screws around the edges of the tray (T25`s off the top of my head), just undo them and it will drop down.

edit - sorry for some reason i was thinking about a polo when i wrote this.

Edited by lupoluke

yer i had one side jacked up at the time so i couldnt really look rite underneath, will have to put it on the ramps before i take the wheels off next time lol.

The undertray just has two 10mm (maybe 13mm?) bolts at the back near to where the wishbones mount to the subframe.

Then just give it a pull and the metal spidery things will pop off. Sounds weird but thats the only way I can think to describe it at the moment :lol:

The undertray just has two 10mm (maybe 13mm?) bolts at the back near to where the wishbones mount to the subframe.

Then just give it a pull and the metal spidery things will pop off. Sounds weird but thats the only way I can think to describe it at the moment :lol:

ahh i saw those metal spidery thing so i know exactly what your on about lol. cheers