Need help with 15 inch alloys

gimpson

hey all was just wondering if some one could post some pictures of there lupo lowered on 15 inch alloys please. I am thinking of buy some borbet A 15 inch 8J with a 3 inch lip on them :blink: justing wondering if they will rub when i turn?? thank very much

whats the offset?

go on to fast car site and look at their lupo they built.

they've got 15x8s on theirs. however not sure of the offset.

also depends on how low you go and the tyres you put on them. maybe you'l need some camber but it should be fine if done right.

what wheels are they anyway

Edited by gucciwah

8J will rub and you will need arch work both front and rear! :(

What about tyres? Offset?

Plenty of people run 15's... I think it's probably the most common size for a Lupo tbh!

Some that may interest you?

G60s, BBS RM/RS, BBS RX2s, Borbets, Teledials, Castellets, Bathursts.

There's stupid amount of wheels out there and everyone has different tastes so :wacko:

Anyways hope I helped B)

8J will rub and you will need arch work both front and rear! :(

What about tyres? Offset?

Plenty of people run 15's... I think it's probably the most common size for a Lupo tbh!

Some that may interest you?

G60s, BBS RM/RS, BBS RX2s, Borbets, Teledials, Castellets, Bathursts.

There's stupid amount of wheels out there and everyone has different tastes so :wacko:

Anyways hope I helped B)

yeknow, i was sitting there and i couldnt with the life of me think of any names of wheels that are 15" haha.

borbets are good for dish :)

I will link them now for yous all :rolleyes:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-x-8-0-BORBET-ALLOY-WHEELS-VW-GOLF-1-2-3-POLO-BBS-/330433644056?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4cef614618

The off set is 15 on them, i will go for the lowest possible profile on them to go as low as i can if not i will go for 14 inch but cant find any deep dish ones any where

for the the replys and help lads/girls :rolleyes:

If you have a big budget why not get the wheels you want and then make the car fit them?

Im looking at getting 8j wheels myself and I reckon you could prob go to et15 with rolled arches on 195/45 tyres.

If they dont fit you can roll and pull your arches and/or fit smaller tyres.

There is no one around me where i live where i can get my arches done though :wacko: got some fk highsport coilovers that go down about 100mm so wouldnt mind some 14 inch alloys to go pretty low with some streched tyres on them or some thing. do you know any site for good alloys mate? :wacko:

will do lad thanks very much :) look at these in mean time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Superlite-12-x-5-4-x-100-Fitment-19p-Offset-/370303686572?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item5637d1d7ac

tidy wee wheel and will look if i drop the car alot :lol:

will let you know what i go for, need to wait for my 16 inch rims to sell first though :o finding it hard to shift them :(

Edited by gimpson

Naa she will be grand just dont go for super low profile tyres just get kinda normal sporty one really and should be ok :) just cant find alloys anywhere at all it is doing my head in :wacko: need ideas and links lol please

many thanks

I want the car on the deck though 14 inch is the biggest i would go probs and they have to have a lip or dish on them, like there isnt many speed bumps where i live so i am sweet. just alot of the sites i have been looking at alloys on are complete rip of :blink: anyone no any good sites please? :rolleyes:

many thanks

Edited by gimpson

I saw you were viewing the topic and was like noo he's going to embarrass me with his knowledge of rimmage :coffee:

lol i love my rare rims aswell!! my mind just went black. lucky ay?? :P you had a good list going though (Y)

I will link them now for yous all :rolleyes:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-x-8-0-BORBET-ALLOY-WHEELS-VW-GOLF-1-2-3-POLO-BBS-/330433644056?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4cef614618

The off set is 15 on them, i will go for the lowest possible profile on them to go as low as i can if not i will go for 14 inch but cant find any deep dish ones any where

for the the replys and help lads/girls :rolleyes:

i was going to buy these! i've got a gti though so bigger arches :P

yeah will do mate thanks very much :lol: any one get a pic or lupo lowered on 14 inch alloys? :rolleyes:

my old car 14" wheels

arosa.jpg

banded 14s

bandedsteelsoncar3.jpg

coming to think of it. if you want your car decked...get 14s or 13s - however running 13s on a daily is quite hard going.

those 15" wheels wont fit atall

as when i had my banded steels on. they were only 14" and the rears had an et of either 17 or 11 and i needed serious serious arch work. i ended up packing them and put different wheels on. the car literally sat on the tyres.

hope this helps

yeah 14 inch alloys would probs be my best bet so need to get looking :wacko: its doing my head in trying to find some at the moment.... need help lol some one please :blink: my coilovers are going in very soon so need to get this sorted like :blink:

many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...