Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

I've finally got around to putting the standard wheels on, pretty gutting to be honest. I didn't bother getting spacers or anything or buying anything fancy as thought I'd save money (not that I have much left) so it sits & looks pretty gash to be honest. I'm having to re-polish the bbs's, they only saw salt once about 2 weeks ago and were washed straight after.. but they still managed to end up looking like this:

6501055859_fa98e4a0d7_z.jpg

Salt is a killer! by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

They even had 4 or 5 coats of wheel sealant on. Ah well, they needed a fresh polish up anyway ready for summer....

Hopefully just before Christmas (if it arrives then) I should have a big update.. well big in my eyes as I've wanted it for so long. It's all done & paid for though so just the waiting game now. OH and I also won the cleaning competition, got £150 to spend on car cleaning stuff so that's mint too saves me some cash and feels better because it's free :D

I'll update in a bit! Cheers guys x

I know, my own fault really but they only did see the salt once and washed straight after and taken off the next morning.

The front's are 10x worse than the rear I'll throw a pic up after work today! Are you polishing them up by hand?

Look here's how the wheels looked 2 weeks ago lol:

6414947785_5bd0dd673b_z.jpg

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Sucks on the salt mate, happens to the best! :)

But congratulations on the competition matey, :thumbup: well deserved i reckon, car is looking good. :wub:

Thankyou, means a lot!! And with the salt, they only saw it once so was surprised how much it's eaten it!

Especially on the front wheels the salt has pretty much consumed them:

6516541427_2a6e35b4ab_z.jpg

Salt on the front wheel GRR by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

:surprised:

I've been polishing as I finished uni today for Christmas and didn't have work, I spent a few more hours on the one rear wheel (my hand kept aching), I'm happy the shine is coming back like it was last summer, so there is light at the end of the tunnel lol! I still need to do around the bolts though but I'm having a well deserved rest now ha! These pictures are only with the prep, I am still yet to use the mirror finish polish!

6516539393_cd3f06a3ae_z.jpg

Still need to do around the bolts! by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6516535231_dce7ec1858_z.jpg

Not far off by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6516537047_8aa907b38c_z.jpg

Bit more work by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6516533511_c317eb718d_z.jpg

Nearly there by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

My hand is literally dropping off, and this time I decided to wear latex gloves...... I have no clue why I didn't last time but my nails were black for like a week :innocent:

Hopefully I'll have finished before Christmas day :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

2mgql8i.jpg

Still on the standard shoes, however I've ordered one of those polishing ball drill extensions to give me a hand now! But can anyone recommend a wheel sealant to use after? Used Poorboys last year but didn't feel it lasted long even with me putting 5 or 6 coats on!

VW have passed me over to Coventry Bodyshop about the corrosion starting on my boot, although the bloke there said he could not see a 'goodwill gesture' related to my car on his system.... that's even with my car having a full VW service history!!

It's quite confusing really, I haven't even taken the car there for pictures/thickness test yet and already they seem to not want to do it!

Plus, shouldn't be long now for the update :D:D:D:D

Edited by Kent

Exactly, I've got c1 on my windscreen as I've said before, it hates water now and dirt just wipes off, amazing stuff. Im so converted I've been trying to sell treatments to the cars i clean :P

Exactly, I've got c1 on my windscreen as I've said before, it hates water now and dirt just wipes off, amazing stuff. Im so converted I've been trying to sell treatments to the cars i clean :P

Edit, I meant g1^

Edited by joeadamou

wow some effort went in to getting your wheels polished up! car as always looks sweet. im more and more tempted to sell my car and get one of these. how much is cambelt change and tax? and i guess they dotn have cruise control. sorry to be a pain.

wow some effort went in to getting your wheels polished up! car as always looks sweet. im more and more tempted to sell my car and get one of these. how much is cambelt change and tax? and i guess they dotn have cruise control. sorry to be a pain.

Thanks bud!! I'm not 100% sure on cambelt price as it was done by previous owner. Tax for the year this year came in at £210!! And no cruise control either which is a feature I'd love. But apart from that the feel of the car is brilliant!!

It's supposed to be a 30000 mile treatment if you give it 3 coats :)

Haha that's crazy, I'll have to buy some of that!!!!!!

cheers kent! much appreciated.

Go test drive one mate, that's what turned me. I'd always loved the look of them but wasn't sure if they were big enough or gutsy enough. Found a shoddy one at a garage near me, pretended I was interested and took it for a spin!! I had to have one lol!

Still no big update yet, it's been the 39th day since I ordered it aswell now!! Hopefully shouldn't be TOO much longer as I can hardly wait but the excitement is slowly wearing off. :angry2: Can't stay excited for much longer than a week until it becomes like urgh lol!

I've finally took all of the stuff out of the box that arrived from ultimatefinish as it's been left in there after I first opened it and not touched since lol, had to have a major tidy up in the garage as it wouldn't all fit in the cupboard!! I seem to always leave empty bottles in there too as if I get to attached to them and don't want to throw them away :shifty:

6691092227_46ec949a43.jpg

Cleaning stuff by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Can't wait for the summer for that first big clean lol and get to try all of my new stuff, I'm still doing my wheels and got fed up of doing it by hand after spending nearly 10 hours doing the one. I ordered a drill foam extension from elite which is quite good BUT very messy, obviously the dirt/black from polish goes everywhere had to do it in the garage as I got it all up the walls & all over the floor and scared like crazy with the sound of the drill lol! It doesn't QUITE give the same finish as by hand, so I'm going to go back over them but instead of taking 10 hours it should take about an hour for the last 2 wheels now!

6691095543_f38e6c465d.jpg

DRILLLLL by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6691098659_4206cfa0c9.jpg

Filthy center by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Was hoping to put the wheels back on soon as had that lovely bit of weather with the nice sunsets really wanted to grab some pictures... so I get on polishing as quick as I can and then the gritters pop back out!!! :rant:

Oh and this came in the post haha, got it free from barclays

6691087295_1de4ae3ec9.jpg

My new card by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

had to go for the standard car picture on it as everything else got rejected that I wanted :(

lol

Haha debit card is awesome!

Nice work with the wheel polishing, will be starting mine tomorrow... Not looking forward to it!

Haha the cards quite cool, thought it would have to be car related as it's what I spend most of my money on, now each time I go to buy something I'll get a gentle reminder as to why I have no money lol!

You haven't been running your BBS through the winter though have you?? I had a quick peek at your build thread earlier and saw the new bolts you'd ordered, look really nice bet they cost a fair bit too!! I'm hoping just to polish all of mine rather than chrome although it would be so much easier (I just can't afford it). I decided not to split the wheels either as didn't want the hassle of taking tyres off and then having to re-seal them, which is probably why it's taking me twice as long to polish. I'll get there in the end!

I wish you luck lol, you have any other changes for the Lupo & are you definitely keeping it now? I keep swaying towards a wheel colour change on mine as my friend saw another Silver GTI on Red RM's at a meet in Birmingham. It wasn't yours as he told me reg, I've seen the car he mentioned before but it was on Ronal Turbos when I last saw it. So that's a third love child in the mix, I just can't think of another colour to go with silver..... hmm

Lol I've thought about changing the colour on mine too! Got a few new plans for UDs, keeping the car for now.. Till I have another change of heart!

Yeah the bolts work out at about £1 each, I'll be rebuilding the one wheel and replacing the dish along with the bolts. The others will have the bolts replaced one at a time, hopefully won't break the seal!

I've considered a pastel blue and purple so far. But everything works with red, rear lights, seat-belts, stitching... Hard choice.

And yeah I heard about your one dish, gutting I know as I caught mine slightly on a drop curb the day before I put the winters on, was gutted it's barely noticeable as it's between the tyre and the dish but none the less I know it's there!

Good to hear you're keeping it!!

Edited by Kent