Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

• 1 month later...
Took the car to studioincar just under 3 weeks ago after talking about doing a build for well over a year... finally done it and picked it up late wednesday night.

12237953446_23ae4b7724_z.jpg

iPad by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

12237886384_42cc8c0282_z.jpg

Speakers by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

I'll have to update with pictures of the install when it stops pissing down but I'm so happy with it & it sounds incredible, it's all sound deadened and panels that previously flexed are solid.

Good times.

Looks awesome ross im sure you appreciate now how good car audio can sound now, it gets pretty addictive have you tried some demo tracks such as the emma and focal ones using flac lossless audio brings a whole new dimmension to the sound stage

Edited by dubsy

Thanks both & I've tried finding the EMMA Competition download for 03/04 as heard that's meant to be the best, do you happen to have the files by any chance?

Plan on buying a bit of alcantara now & having a go at trimming a few bits to tie it all in! Also on the look out for a new steering wheel and thinking Recaro CS's although they've been done to death.... just look so good and the half alcantara/leather would match perfectly.. decisions!

Gotta fix my current BBS & get to building up the RS's, really can't wait for those just waiting on dishes to be made as harder to pick 16"s up... plan on running 9" all round with staggered dishes & barrels!!!!

ALL GOOD FUN.

Edited by Kent

9's all round!!! Ross you craxy man that will be truely awesome! Cant wait to see how this progresses. Any more photos of the audio install?

Alex

Alright mate, well I've measured best I can... they're a pretty high ET, 43 on the standard width of 8", it's just hard to see if I'm going to hit the strut when air'd out with the camber, it was on the inner arch on the rear so having to use a smaller barrel as originally planned for 9.5" rear, going to see if that's still possible if I cut it back! Dish should sit in nearly the same places only MM different if I've calculated right.... we'll soon see!!!

I'll grab some more photos when it stops raining haha!

Grabbed a photo of the rear today as the sun popped out for a bit/

12270982354_d54ca11812_z.jpg
Rear by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
I'll try and get one at night but my camera was picking up a load of noise, it's all lit under the subs, and within the amp rack along with lighting built into the amps so looks pretty cool! :thumbsup:
For anyone interested in the full spec/build it's all up on the studioincar.com blog.
I've grabbed the RM's out and gave them a good polish which took a fair while, even had the cotton wool buds out haha as had a bit of grit over them as as always... took them off a little late. Got to sort the leak as a few will know I had, it's a stainless bolt snapped in the hole so.. off it goes to be redrilled.. :rant:
They look good though.. :innocent:

12270748895_6ffb6e1a67_z.jpg
BBS/ by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Thanks both & I've tried finding the EMMA Competition download for 03/04 as heard that's meant to be the best, do you happen to have the files by any chance?

Plan on buying a bit of alcantara now & having a go at trimming a few bits to tie it all in! Also on the look out for a new steering wheel and thinking Recaro CS's although they've been done to death.... just look so good and the half alcantara/leather would match perfectly.. decisions!

Gotta fix my current BBS & get to building up the RS's, really can't wait for those just waiting on dishes to be made as harder to pick 16"s up... plan on running 9" all round with staggered dishes & barrels!!!!

ALL GOOD FUN.

LIKE the idea of CS's man! your right they've been done loads but look amazing! cant wait to see this now audio install looks amazing, makes me wanna do mine!

Cheers guys, loving the iPad but have to resist playing games driving about.. choosing music and looking back up puts me in the hard shoulder as it is already, need to practice my multi tasking a little more haha!! It's so good for satnav & aroundme etc, love it.

I'm inside at UD so will leave the boot open although probably won't be able to play it much as on standard battery and doubt they'll let you start engines inside to jump it as know they're pretty strict for indoor events.. which is a shame.

• 1 month later...

Still love that mate, thanks again.

Not wrote much here for a while, I'm trying to think what's changed to be honest, at the moment nothing major. I'm finally just happy driving it about as it's my daily, got around to sorting my front BBS leak which was due to a snapped bolt which happened when I built them up in a rush the night before Players last year. Should have sorted it earlier really.. was losing 20PSI every 3-4 hours, so... quite a big leak - having to pull over when the cars pulling to one side, waking all the neighbors leaving at silly times in the morning for shows haha. However, stainless bolts aren't the easiest thing to remove. Had to send it upto Mike the Polisher to fix it up, honestly... no idea how I put up with it.

I've also test fitted the RS's, it's gonna be close. 9"s upfront is no longer on the cards lol. Looks like I'll either have to shave the caliper or space by roughly 10mm + the back of the barrel is on the strut.. it will happen though (somehow) but in the meantime, I need to get it lower on the 15"s.

Erm, what else... oh yeah, ended up inside at UD. Got a message from Jamie @ Forge offering me a place on the stand which I was pretty excited about.. especially considering the standard of cars at the show this year. Me and my mate Dom spent the days leading upto the show sorting the car, clay'd & cut and corrected my paint, glazed, polished and wax'd the car all in a few days. Was a bit of a rush but I know how bad the lighting is inside so couldn't take it in it's current state having not been washed for a few months.

I'll stop blabbing on, here's a few photos from UD and just before.

12841953863_b95c767a78_c.jpg
/ by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
12841886235_0bf2f35afc_c.jpg
/ by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
13043512903_788111fbf1_c.jpg
UD by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
13043507473_647fdd791f_c.jpg
12271240366_df31b64a80_c.jpg
BBS by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
12270982354_d54ca11812_c.jpg
Rear by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
  • Like 1

Loving this Lupo :) radinox dishes?

Cheers bud, yeah they are radinox.. I couldn't cope again with aluminium, managed to ruin a set in a few months... and I really do mean ruin.

r those 12"subs in the rear ?

13" mate!

Love this car. I'm looking forward to see how it looks on those rs's. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate.. me too haha, I was actually thinking of selling them but it's taken me a few years to find a set in 16's in a high offset. They're causing me a few problems though, managed to do a half test fit by cable tying the faces and barrels, I'm gonna have to buy a new pair of smaller barrels for the front as they're on the strut, trim away the inner arch on the rear & possibly either shave the front calipers or slightly space them as think they're possibly touching there too... I'll sort it out and get there eventually.. just waiting on dishes from germany before I can start. It'll be worth it (I hope). :innocent:

I'm happy with the car at the moment, sorted all of the little things out & just loving driving it at the minute. Oh, apart from my undertray decided to finally have enough and fall off the other day.... it's cable tied back on for now as it's in bits, I knew I was scraping a fair bit but... it's pretty bad.. Gotta drive low though, I feel like such an idiot with the numberplate if I don't. :yes: My cable tie skill is an art honestly, you'd all be impressed, daisy chains of the things lol.

Here's a few more photos that have popped up from a mate and a few from FB from UD.

13113605574_814059c5ec_c.jpg
13113108623_e19e9d48a0_c.jpg
13113102813_7e5923c776_c.jpg
I've got a few changes planned recently.. nothing major but :shades:
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What possible bodywork could that need now?!?!? You should see mine, it'd make you wet your knickers!

Haha!! Just want a few new bits I've picked up painting & just a little tidy up!

Mainly gonna try and get it lower as I'm still not really happy with how it sits! Planning on chopping a few bits & trying to change the rear mounting.. oh, and I need to sort the underside either cutting and welding the sump to make it shallower or fitting one off of another VW.

I knew I was scraping but didn't realise it had got this bad..

13696554283_60240acd4f_c.jpg

ugh by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

:(