Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

:(

That was quick you lovely person I spotted that as soon as I hit post & edited it straight away :lol:

Looking awesome Ross :) looking forward to the BBS rebuild ;)

Thanks Alex, I'll upload some pictures once I split & re-build (Sorry again for breaking the promise to look after them)... :innocent: I wish mine was as clean as your Lupo & the Puma now, you should see my engine bay :paperbag:

if you want them anodising can recommend these guys http://www.mansfield-anodisers.co.uk/ ive used them for work! nd they can do coloured, chromate the works!!

Thanks for that mate, just looked at their site and dropped them a line! Nice one

stop mincing around and just do them the same blue i did mine :)

it will remind me of my car too and for that i will send you a badge to wear.

Haha mincing, is that a Derbyshire word as andy kept using it too. Made me smile each time I heard it haha!

Get a room you two :lol:;)

Grammar police should lead by example. What next, a badboy bonnet with a ****ed up equation on it?

Oh look at you two :wub: :ninja:

Hi Ross :')

:wave: hi claire :innocent:

8698708179_404f317dda_c.jpg

ph34r.png

They tuck like crazy though wub.png

The arches have been cut out completely now too, 1.5cm cut out, re-rolled, flared, stone chipped & painted over. Much nicer to drive with, as the noise was doing my head in.. and shredding my tyres ph34r.png

The front bumper was done at the same time which was stone-chipped like mad, there were 6 layers of paint on it too laugh.png however, it's going back in a couple of weeks to be re-done as the colour is ever so slightly out mellow.png

Now to start with re-building plus juggling 15k worth of uni work due for the 9th of May :shades: Wish me luck!

Loving the mega tuck tbh :thumbsup:

Amazing car, good job man.

fankz u guizee!

I'm still settling on what to do with the wheels, I've got a few ideas in mind it's just finding someone to do what I want.. should be fun & expensive :(

had a ballache fitting LED numberplate units today, the old ones didnt survive the battle but the new ones are so bright & got an interior one to match finally to replace my barry neon blue one haha!!

Oh and Bosch wipers are a dream, best thing ive done on the car I reckon!! Don't buy cheap aero wipers guys!!!!!!

fankz u guizee!

I'm still settling on what to do with the wheels, I've got a few ideas in mind it's just finding someone to do what I want.. should be fun & expensive :(

had a ballache fitting LED numberplate units today, the old ones didnt survive the battle but the new ones are so bright & got an interior one to match finally to replace my barry neon blue one haha!!

Oh and Bosch wipers are a dream, best thing ive done on the car I reckon!! Don't buy cheap aero wipers guys!!!!!!

did mansfield anodisers ever get back to you?

• 2 weeks later...

Nah they didn't, not many places did in honesty! I think I'm sending them off to mike the polisher now as he's the only guy who is willing to try my idea haha!

And for the numberplate lights, if they're in a photo it's the previous bulbs which are just 'ice white festoons' from HQ lighting.

These new ones are crazy bright with them being entire sealed units, still need to grab a photo of these though.

Edited by Kent

Nah they didn't, not many places did in honesty! I think I'm sending them off to mike the polisher now as he's the only guy who is willing to try my idea haha!

And for the numberplate lights, if they're in a photo it's the previous bulbs which are just 'ice white festoons' from HQ lighting.

These new ones are crazy bright with them being entire sealed units, still need to grab a photo of these though.

Fancy grabbing a pic of the ones that are in just now at some point? :)

One of my bulbs are on the way out so gonna order a set of LED bulbs :)

• 3 weeks later...

Evening ladies,

The babemobile is all shiny ready for show season and lots of laps round town blaring out generic summer songs.. :whistle:

Process:

• Washed using 2 Bucket Method
  • Snowfoamed using Auto Finesse Avalanche
  • Arches/Rubbers etc cleaned with APC
  • Engine bay cleaned and de-greased
  • Whole car clayed with Sonus ultra fine bars
  • Taped up
  • 3 step DA Polished using Auto Finesse Revitalise
  • Snowfoamed & washed again
  • Poorboys White Diamond Glaze applied
  • Poorboys EX-P Sealent applied
  • Kleenfreaks wax applied
  • QD's with Swissvax
  • GTechnic applied to windows/body
  • Rubbers and plastics done with Auto Finesse trim restorer

Think that's it..... my mate Dom did most of the work while I made the best sausage sandwich ever and was the DJ :wub:

8904911300_e9ef7db85a_c.jpg

D1 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
8904924142_204f65ef1f_c.jpg
D2 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
8904850866_71f06c6aff_c.jpg
D3 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
8904232711_7d9661dd35_c.jpg
D4 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
8904219091_d9d03b5648_c.jpg
D5 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Ignore the standard wheels, can't wait to get the BBS back from paint and start building them back up with the new Radinox dishes :clap: Got a few other things planned which are all coming together at the same time, happy days!

Oh and I'll sort a photo of the numberplate lights out soon I keep forgetting, my bad! ^^^

This carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :heart:

looks lovely, looks so cool just on the standard wheels? haha.

You at players at the weekend? I wanna see it!

Mega paintwork jealously.

Cheers both, I'll be at Players but not on the standards (I hope) I hate them haha! I ran no spacers, they look cool from side photos but silly from the back...

Big thanks to Dommmm as we both stayed up till 1am last night & he'd already done an all nighter for uni work the night before, we've got the BBS rebuilt I'm just putting extra coats of sealant on ready for tyres on Friday ready for the drive to players Saturday morn, hopefully they don't leak ph34r.png

I'm so happy with them, they were with the painter for about 2 weeks and reacted on the day I was supposed to be collecting them so only got them yesterday afternoon. It's a weird colour, it changes from red, black, bronze & brown depending on the light, but it's a dye rather than a paint.. I think it's sick can't wait to get them on.

8968450922_9910bb5708_b.jpg
8968451500_4b8f002d52_b.jpg
BBS Paint by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
I moan about the last minute rush, but I love it really wub.png

Liking those Ross, they will look sweeeeet! Is the dye sprayed on like a paint? Really interesting finish, looks nice and smooth too!

Alex

I have no idea actually, I presume so. The dye was really runny unlike paint though, looked pretty cool!

Luuuuuurvely :wub:

Great colour on the wheels. Now yours and Bens parked next to each would be class!

Joe

Cheers both, I have no idea how the show & shine parking works at Players. Especially with so many cars entered in. You both going?

Wheels have had another layer of sealant & all bolts are torqued and new valves from 'the polisher' arrived today too, tyres tomorrow ooOoOooOOoo :innocent:

Looking very nice mate :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks you two!

Didn't really grab many photos as it was all last minute, me and dom stayed up into the early mornings building the wheels up and halving the sealant drying times and keeping our fingers crossed. laugh.png

Managed to sort new stubby valves from mike the polisher who sent them next day for me and the tyres went on friday afternoon, took 2 of them 3 hours to get the rears on with everyone sat on them and me closing my eyes and gritting my teeth.. ph34r.png

Washed the car and had an hour or so sleep before the dreaded alarm at 2:30am Saturday morning to meet and drive down to Players. Here's a mix of photos that were taken, most on my iPhone or photos taken by others.

9078029773_0fb1bedd74_c.jpg
Untitled by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
9080385002_9740cc713c_c.jpg
9078159287_fa0eb21a7b_c.jpg
9078159241_fdc4feba45_c.jpg
9078159145_07445da1ab_c.jpg
9080385420_128d9dfc5b_z.jpg
9078159071_d0187548b1_c.jpg
9080375736_4e113efe79_c.jpg

Photos above from Alex Carroll (so I don't get told off).. wub.png

Players was sick, was over the moon I'd got the car sorted and to a state I was happy to park in show and shine. The quality of cars at the show was immense, but I felt pretty happy to see mine parked up!

Oh, and all those late nights made me the most tired person in the world, resulting in the worst sunburn I've had in my life when I fell asleep by the track!

9078081533_9e25561111_c.jpg

Haha!! :innocent:

Oh and here's one more from a local meet sunday night.

9065544587_ae58d28146_c.jpg