Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

haha, haven't taken any proper photos yet BUT..

6877031013_31e0ed3079_z.jpg

IMG_0434[1] by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

It's all from Kam-Racing, I ordered their 4-1 manifold with straight through de-cat, race backbox with twin 3" tailpipes and race center pipe without silencer! So should be fun, although they forgot to put the Lambda sleeve & blanking plug in!! :evil: And the manifold & downpipe is wrapped in thermo-tec copper wrap which is still drying by the radiator.

I'll be happy when it's all on the car as the 2-3 weeks delivery turned into 71 days today which makes it just over 10 weeks!!!! :rant: Oh well, it's all here now (bar missing items)...

I've also got another box which arrived a couple of days ago but that's staying secret until I get some proper photos lol :clap:

Awesome Ross, great purcahse there! Shame about the mega long wait. On the up side you get to make a cracking Fort with that box :clap:

Looks like an awesome bit of kit that!! 71 days though?! Could of made it yourself! :D

I know was a really long wait, I was a bit annoyed but I would have been MEGA if it was during the summer.. I've received the lambda sleeve & plug now so it will be fitted tomorrow morning! Pretty excited to say the least! I'm then looking at a possible remap in the near future I've had a few calls about it and one place wants the car for a couple of days to do testing which is promising (AND ALSO CHEAP :shades: ) lol.

box-house-thumb-400x300.jpg

Haha, if I saw this earlier I'd have made a quick den before destroying the box up :(

It's all on, was done this morning but too busy driving about.. it feels a fair bit quicker through certain rev ranges and the sound..... phwooaaar, stupidly loud when foot is down! Deep but raspy, just how I imagined it! Pops a fair bit too, yum!

Will get a video up hopefully @ the weekend!

It's all on, was done this morning but too busy driving about.. it feels a fair bit quicker through certain rev ranges and the sound..... phwooaaar, stupidly loud when foot is down! Deep but raspy, just how I imagined it! Pops a fair bit too, yum!

Yes!!!! Video if possible, sounds like it was worth the wait?

Just out of interest... How much did it all set you back?

Brad

Get it popping when the engine is running down ;) tiny bit of throttle

Yes!!!! Video if possible, sounds like it was worth the wait?

Just out of interest... How much did it all set you back?

Brad

over 4 figures unfortunately :(

I am very happy with it though until the police pull me, however there's no drone from it so can creep into my street in 4th still sounding like an electric car and can have a chat on the motorway without shouting still lol!

Get it popping when the engine is running down ;) tiny bit of throttle

It gargles a LOT sounds similar that way to the milltek systems on the R32s, especially when engine braking or coming down the gears. It does pop at high rev range and occasionally when I give it a cheeky rev.. Although I've only revved it upto about 4k when at a standstill.

Video needs to be done but I'm too busy driving around, £40 of fuel used in a day and just used another quarter of a tank doing 45 miles... the sound is too addictive.

over 4 figures unfortunately :(

I am very happy with it though until the police pull me, however there's no drone from it so can creep into my street in 4th still sounding like an electric car and can have a chat on the motorway without shouting still lol!

It gargles a LOT sounds similar that way to the milltek systems on the R32s, especially when engine braking or coming down the gears. It does pop at high rev range and occasionally when I give it a cheeky rev.. Although I've only revved it upto about 4k when at a standstill.

Video needs to be done but I'm too busy driving around, £40 of fuel used in a day and just used another quarter of a tank doing 45 miles... the sound is too addictive.

Once you have noise, you will want to hear it all the time :D I'm getting 23mpg and i have a 1.0! Do you have a BMC Ross? if not, you really really need one ;)

:wub:

4 and a half hours sat in the same seat wet worth it!

I owe you for coming, didn't expect it to be so long though lol! I did get you a sandwich though!!!!!! haha

Once you have noise, you will want to hear it all the time :D I'm getting 23mpg and i have a 1.0! Do you have a BMC Ross? if not, you really really need one ;)

I haven't worked out my mpg yet but managed 45 miles to the first quarter of the tank (which always seems to be the slowest quarter to go down) lol, the noise is SOOOOO addictive though :wub:

And I am planning on buying a BMC soon and been looking at the hosing and catch tanks too, need to wait until next pay day though. There's probabaly cheaper induction kits available but I'm after the carbon from the bmc to match this...

6891328547_c310ccc7d0_z.jpg

Carbon Fibre Engine Cover by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6891327145_e051c8ffa7_z.jpg

Carbon Engine Cover by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

:whistle:

It's custom made & arrived sometime last week from Germany, it's carbon fibre and light as anything. It's designed for the 1.4 so will require some cutting to get it to fit, but will look smarter than having to either remove the standard engine cover off or trim it so the bmc fits behind! :innocent: