Reverse Lights

CPall

Hi

i have an Arosa mk2 with lupo lights in the rear, the lights have two clear parts for the reverse lights but only one works. (the passenger side)

Are they supposed to have two reverse lights and one isn't working or is there only supposed to be one?

help would be appreciated please

Chris

Legally only one has to work, as many cars are built with only one reverse light, but on lupos both should illuminate.

Either a fuse or a bulb will be needed.

This will be the same for arosa's wont it?

I heard off someone that you dont need a reverse light for MOT

or is that just wrong?

im not sure for the mot, i would assume u should have at least one, the wiring in an arosa should be identical to that in a lupo (edit: altho reading above, seems im wrong and the spanish didnt bother wiring a second), just go open the back panels and get the bulb out, i expect it will be all blacked inside or with a break in the filament.

...However just read my book and it seems that it isnt actually on the list of things to check on the mot, but as long as one works then no worries.

Edited by BEP51

now chris, its tobe... yeah the arosa loom has only 1 side reverse where as the lupo has 2, but is perfectly legal.

Ayee i heard that like just checking haha cheers mate.

Thinking of tinting them so theyre all red :)

im not sure for the mot, i would assume u should have at least one, the wiring in an arosa should be identical to that in a lupo (edit: altho reading above, seems im wrong and the spanish didnt bother wiring a second), just go open the back panels and get the bulb out, i expect it will be all blacked inside or with a break in the filament.

...However just read my book and it seems that it isnt actually on the list of things to check on the mot, but as long as one works then no worries.

Ayee cheers for the help :)

Yeahh iv got a friend who works for nissan and he says that you dont need any apparently, was just getting some other opinions.

Cheers

If it has standard Arosa Mk2 lights then it will have a fog light on one side, and the reverse light on the other.

If you have Lupo lights on it then it wont have another reverse light on it because it was only designed with one on it.

its easy to make a small loom and take it from the passenger side to the drivers side quite easy to make it look stock aswell it really bugged me having only 1 reverse light lol pm me if you want me to do a quick how to

its easy to make a small loom and take it from the passenger side to the drivers side quite easy to make it look stock aswell it really bugged me having only 1 reverse light lol pm me if you want me to do a quick how to

My dad was on about doing that, but to save hassle i think i might just tint the clear bit red :)

The Arosa MK2 and the Lupo have different wiring, to fit Lupo rear lights onto an Arosa you have to re-wire this, as the MK2 real lights only have 1 reverse light, that would be by why when the Lupo rear lights are fitted there is only one reverse light, however as mentioned and can quite easily be wired so that there is 2 reverse lights.

Yeah, you don't need reverse lights. They are there as an aid so you can see behind you whilst driving, not to alert other people that you are reversing.

They are not checked on an MOT at all, so you will pass with one reverse light, red reverse lights or no reverse lights at all.

The Arosa MK2 and the Lupo have different wiring, to fit Lupo rear lights onto an Arosa you have to re-wire this, as the MK2 real lights only have 1 reverse light, that would be by why when the Lupo rear lights are fitted there is only one reverse light, however as mentioned and can quite easily be wired so that there is 2 reverse lights.

Yeah, you don't need reverse lights. They are there as an aid so you can see behind you whilst driving, not to alert other people that you are reversing.

They are not checked on an MOT at all, so you will pass with one reverse light, red reverse lights or no reverse lights at all.

I'll be tinting them alllll red tommorow then

check my thread for updates of when it happens :)