Changing Head Unit

mdickens98

Hi,

First post so please be gentle....

We've got a 2007 57 plate Fox in Red, 1.2 and we love it, its a great little car and i've just sold my Celica to consolidate to just one car. However, the standard stereo is a little lacking and i've decided to replace it. I've got a top of the range Sony MP3/bluetooth head unit that i've taken from my Celica and need to fit this in the Fox. Currently we've got the RCD200 and i've ordered an ISO harness, Aerial adapter and release keys, removed the old unit and connected up the new one, it works and sounds much better, however the original head unit was double din and I now have a gap. I searched online to find a fascia adapter for this and autoleads listed the FP-17-04, I ordered this at the same time as the other leads and its way too big for the car. Has anyone else fitted a single DIN unit in their fox and if so, what did you do? By the looks of it I just need a cubby hole to fill the gap but thought i'd canvass your ideas first.

Secondly..... the power for the head unit seems to be 'always on'. Theres two wires (red and yellow) for power and normally one is constant and one is switched on with the ignition, however in the Fox they both seem to be constantly live so the head unit it on even when the car isn't. I don't actually think this will be an issue as the sony is a face off unit so I will be taking the face off when I get out the car, and thus it will be off. However, I dont know if it will still draw a current when the face is off, any thoughts or experience with this? I could take a 12v feed from the cigarette lighter but I dont really want to start creating new wiring if I can help it.

Thanks

Matt