sullys project a3!

Sully!

after been inactive from the forum for a while i thought id post abit of an update on my car situation

well after selling my arosa and in the market for a Lupo GTI, i ended up buying a 2.0 a3 from an audi specailist. unfortunately i suffered a couple of problems, some quite major. the garage agreed sort problems under warranty out but i was very un happy with it so i sold it back to the garage.

the car looked like this when i sold it back

51188587.png

i then found another a3 2.0 fsi 16v in akoya silver, with full leathar.. 53 plate with 45k on clock so quite low milage.

spotted the car whilst looking on auto trader and went to view it very next morning on way to santa pod, and as they say the rests history!

picked the car up from a dealer looking like this ...

numberplateremoved1.jpg

numberplateremoved2.jpg

and after a good wash and polish

numberplateremoved3.jpg

after picking it up, didn't really do much to the car just to get some money saved up and get some miles under my belt driving it. after couple weeks saving order some coil overs for it... fk high sports!

couple hours work on saturday after noon resulted in the car looking like this...

numberplateremoved5.jpg

numberplateremoved4.jpg

fronts can still go down around 40 possibly 50 mm and around 30 - 40 mm on back, but i love how it sits at moment and is speed bump friendly too! will be coming down more once winters out of way. handles brilliantly though and grips to road realy well!

added some mud flaps to the front whilst was up in air too... have some for back but was getting abit dark once had finished and when looked at clock and realized was half 11 i thought best leave it for the day,so they will be fitted at later date no doubt. gonna get the wheels painted black too for over winter.

future plans include-

carbon wrapped - mirrors

number plate surround

all chrome grill surrounds and rings

some interior trim

possibly roof

led number plate lights

unbanded reg plates

debadged/dewipered

rear audi rings replaced with miniature set of rings

double din sat nav head unit

and anything else which pops up along the way...

unsure about wheels at moment, although i have my heart set on mercedes alphards at the moment.

apologese for poor quality photos, didnt have much chance give it good clean and have a run out. plus only had crappy iphone camera!

any thoughts?

sully

Edited by Sully!

Looks awesome on coilovers :)

Plans for it sound good

Have to say i'm quite pleased with your first audi blowing up, resulted in me having your Arosa haha :D

ha cheers chris, we'll have meet up soon anywyays! wana make sure your taking care of rosie ha!

Looking good, sits spot on like i wouldnt take it down any more!

What did you do to your yellow one?

ah cheers ben, yeah its sensible height too.

erm the yellow one well lol... coming home from blyth.. about 60 mile trek, sat on a1 steady away, and the engine warning light came on then coolant and both went off after 30 seconds. pulled over, couldnt see anything wrong.. sounded ok. finsihed jounrey off got home was only 10 miles home same thing happened again. got home was pitch black, had look next morning, bottom radiator was missing, all coolant hoses had fallen off and the bottom expansion tank for coolant was pretty much non exisitent!

turns out needed...

new radiator

new coolant fans

new coolant system (hoses etc)

new expansion bottle

cylinder head skimmed

new gasket

i sold it back garage at this point, although the car had all problems sorted, went to be turned over n driven again, no luck, wouldnt work. dealership boss and technician took car apart and from 3 n half inch crack long ways and very deep through the block.

speaking the lads theres no way that could happen in the time i had it, i owned it for 17 hours lol! its obviously just a dough car and needed alot attention.

Looks nice, i'd quite like to get one pretty much identical to that in about 6 months time

cheers marcus! yeah, give me a shout when ur in market, been to see a guy today about something a little special and rejoining lupo world:)

ha cheers chris, we'll have meet up soon anywyays! wana make sure your taking care of rosie ha!

Haha yeahh we will!

Still havent been through to teeside on a wednesday in her though :( noone from my end seems to bother going anymore since them barriers have been put up

I can assure you i am haha :)

Just gave the brakes a quick service with new pads and gunna give the calipers and drums a lick of paint soon enough

plus been keeping her clean and a wax with meguiars carnauba wax :)

hows the audi?