What's your mileage?

HaZz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haakon, have you had any problems with yours to do with the mileage you have done? because that really is insane! ha

Um.. the linkage between the wipers fell off due to wear :P Other than that, just regular maintainance. Only had it for a year myself, but I have stacks of invoices and history of all things changed. Still on its original turbo and gearbox! Both problem areas on the 3L usually.

Right basically for this lupo tdi im hoping to get hold of with 130k on the clock, i am thinking as long as it has been serviced and stuff it will be fine and keep on going, my old man on the other hand thinks a car with that amount of mileage would be stupid to buy.. he says he doesn't doubt the VW diesel engines but the parts which he would worry about are the clutch, driveshafts, cv joints general stuff like that. I need an argument to prove him wrong and to have faith in VW! what should i say ? ;)

lower mileage one it would be ideal. SERVICE HISTORY is what's important. Personally I wouldn't buy a car with that much mileage, but there are some people that would be happy. Like I said depends on the History and the ways its been driven i.e.

i bought my A4 with 117k on it and it was absolutely fine.... untill i remapped it and blew the clutch LKIK! but other than that it passed its MOT at 125k with no problems and im now at 140k and no problems other than needing new tyres etc but thats normal. the A2 with 154k on the clock is fine, needed a new handbrake cable and 2 antiroll bar droplinks for its MOT but again passed fine. As long as its been well maintained it will be fine

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...