Who's making booze for the festive season?

IDGM

I'm just putting my sloes and sugar together for an overnight stew before I add two bottles of Gordon's gin tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be good to go on December 25th.

I've also got a half litre of elderberry alcohol maturing that I made from some Polish 95% stuff. It'll probably taste like polish.

Anyone else having a crack at dangerous home brew?

I've always fancied it but I don't really like sloe gin, it's too sweet for me.

I quite fancy making up some sort of flavoured vodka but you have to be able to grind what ever flavour it is down to a powder so the flavours are limited really!

I've got two trays of Sloes in the freezer from September, and I'm hoping to pick some more at the weekend - we'll see which ones are better as I've never come across them before.

Then they will be going in a bottle of gin, and a bottle of vodka ;)

I'm just putting my sloes and sugar together for an overnight stew before I add two bottles of Gordon's gin tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be good to go on December 25th.

I've also got a half litre of elderberry alcohol maturing that I made from some Polish 95% stuff. It'll probably taste like polish.

Anyone else having a crack at dangerous home brew?

beat you to it!!!!! got 3 demijohns of sloe gin on the go and 3 other jars of blackcurrant gin :lol:

Cor, plenty at it.

Re the flavoured vodka, my Mum just uses lemon or orange rind and stuffs it in a bottle of Absolut. At Christams, she adds a cinnamon stick.

Bloke in the brew shop reckons gin is a doddle to make at home. That's got me wondering.

I've got three demijohns worth of plum wine now bottled up and sat under my bed waiting for the big holiday =D

Just made 12 gallons of grape wine, it's fermenting away.

Also got some sloe, apple and plum on the go.

Ready now I have apple & quine, elderberry, gooseberry and blackcurrant.

Yum yum! :)

I just got my bottles going this weekend - bit late I know but I've just not had time to climb into my sloe tree to get the berries!

Now have two bottles of vodka and two of gin on the go (expecting those to reduce to 1 bottle each after straining). Still got one bottle of vodka unopened so going to try making a blueberry vodka with half of it - any good ideas for the other half? :cheers:

The same as all wine then ? :lol:

Wine depends on the fruit from which it is made :P

I made Parma Violet Vodka 2 years ago and drank it earlier this year, was V nice!

I love parma violets!

Wine depends on the fruit from which it is made :P

Not according to the dictionary :P

wine (wn)

a. A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various kinds of grapes, usually containing from 10 to 15 percent alcohol by volume.

Not according to the dictionary :Pwine (wn)a. A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various kinds of grapes, usually containing from 10 to 15 percent alcohol by volume.

Lol! If we are going to be pedantic I said grape wine to distinguish from the other fruit/country wines I have been making. It's all been done using the 'wine process' :P

Apple wine is cider isn't it? :rolleyes:

Well I think to make apple wine you use more sugar, and as a wine it will have a higher alcohol content than cider?

:)

Edited by Nofie