Happy days - are here again

Ardent

Well. At long last I can call myself a true Luper. After a year of looking I finally found and bought one. Black 6 and air the 3 ingredients required for the sale to happen. Test drove one this time last year, jumped in this one and exactly as I remembered it. Did not cover 1 mile and I knew I was having it. In a fast show stylee I as been mostly experimenting with 3rd and 4th acceleration tests. However, Sunday went to show matey from work the new chariot. Exited roundabout @ 3000 rpm in 2nd onto soft left hander dual carriage and floored it. Just the same thrill as 3rd and 4th up to 4000 or so, then something else happened and it grew horns and positively fired itself at the horizon. No apologies for next comment. feck ME. These things fly.

Like everyone else that has one, you just cannot help smiling when you are driving or after you have got out. And then there is the xeons. Best lights I have ever had bar non. Country lane full wack just like daylight. Awesome. You may have gathered I am well chuffed. I write all this not for those who already have one because they already know what I mean, but for those who are thinking about getting one. Just get one. These rock. And to top it all you have the best cabin quality of all its peers and better than many larger cars.

Jayson “now driving slower than ever just to magnify the effect when accelerating”

Totally with comments here. Ive drove 27000miles in my Gti in just over a year and i have enjoyed every journey.

The car is just so much fun, even if your driving slowly.

QUOTE(Tigz)
mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> why didnt I save up and by a GTi?

ditto sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I've "only" got a 5 speed, but I'd echo everything Ardent says. Other bonus is that you hardly see any around (I've seen Loop GTI's described as "rare and expensive"!).

I've had mine since July and am chuffed to bits with it. Great at thrashing round B roads, tops on the motorway. What more could you want (apart from a spare wheel and bigger boot wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ).

The Loop GTI definitely gets the :thumbs: from me. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nice report, just got mine back form it's first service (only £96 so can't complain) and it's running even sweeter than before, lupo's reward is a 300mile run on Monday. Will report back on the scalps he claims on the way biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Crusoe)
Will report back on the scalps he claims on the way   biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Go for it man! take no prisoners.

Can anyone settle an argument for me? is a Lupo GTi faster than a BMW Z3?