Useless doorcard clips

Marshey

My upper doorcards only had two clips in them and i was sick of it falling off so i took a trip to VW to get myself some more. I took the white clips out that was holding it on to show the man he then said the design may have changed and they use black clips with white gromets to hold the door cards on. At £1.20 for a clip and gromet i thought id try 5 see if they work so i put them on. They held the door card very well it didnt move at all it was solid. I tried to take doorcard back off to attach doorhandle cable that i forgot but no matter how gently or careful i pulled the doorcard every clip snapped. I tryed this a few times and without fail everytime i tried to take doorcard off they snapped. The doorcard takes 10 clips and gromets which is £12 worth and surely it shouldnt cost me £12 everytime i want to take a doorcard off. Anyone else have this problem?

lupoboz still supplies the white clips, and tbh Iv never had a problem with them, you'll snap one or two every so often but just buy extra to what you need, they are only a few pence each IIRC so its not going to break the bank. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i bought some from tps, think they were like less than £2 for 10 but they were the white ones same as origional, this wasnt long ago so they still do them, i would try a different dealers. and ive had my door card off 3times since then and not broke a single one... i must be lucky :lol: