Gear Box Oil?

Get 3 1-litre bottles from a VW dealer. Take out filler bolt from front upper part of gearbox , take out drainage bolt from front bottom of gearbox , drain oil into container. Refit drainage bolt , refill oil (you'll probably need a funnell and tube). Whenever oil come out filler hole its filled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Was thinking of replacing the gearbox oil on mine again. I have purchased Forte Gearbox & Diff treatment, this may sound like a silly question but do I put this in first and then fill up with oil?

Thanks.

Hello. Was thinking of replacing the gearbox oil on mine again. I have purchased Forte Gearbox & Diff treatment, this may sound like a silly question but do I put this in first and then fill up with oil?

Thanks.

why are you planning to use a treatment? do you have gearbox issues?

Cheers

Guy

why are you planning to use a treatment? do you have gearbox issues?

Cheers

Guy

There was a whining noise coming from the gearbox. Put in the treatment, new oil and the noise is 90% gone. Will take a while for the treatment to work its magic.

Clix

There was a whining noise coming from the gearbox. Put in the treatment, new oil and the noise is 90% gone. Will take a while for the treatment to work its magic.

Clix

Don't get the oil from a dealer! check the spec of the dealer oil and get the same as but cheaper from any motor shop! :) i changed mine not so long ago its pretty easy, pm me if you have any problems!