Fish eye lens

Pete

Hiya, I've bought a finepix s1730 from a fellow member and getting to grips with it, but with it being a bridge camera I was under the impression that I wasn't able to switch lenses or add any filters to it. However, after doing a little looking around on line I found an adapter to enable me to do this. So now I've been looking at different lenses and like the idea of these fish eye jobs, but can anyone tell me abit more about them, how they work, and which ones I should look for, bearing in mind I can only use ones with a rear thread of 58mm or 72mm thread. Also any sample pics would be good too! Thanx!

Edited by loopete

I have an Olympus SP-350 bridge type camera and bought a 0.2x wide angle lens of eBay this summer. The optics are bound to be poop compared to 'proper' lenses, but the effect is interesting if somewhat useless. It's a novelty.

P7250028.jpg

P7250024.jpg

I can put the camera on the floor pointing at the ceiling and get all four walls in!

Cheers mate, yeah I knew there would possibly be some quality issues, but they look pretty good! I guess in a way I'm running before walking but you know how it is! I'm still trying to figure out all this ISO, shutter speed and aperture stuff!

I don't have a fisheye, but I do have the wide angle converter for my Canon S3. I bought the Canon for quality, but was shocked at the limitation and quality loss.

I'd say as long as you don't expect too much and it's not too costly; go play!