Insurance Banter.

CPall

With all this compensation culture that's increasing by the day, it's no surprise it's getting so expensive.

I bet most of these people who are complaining about expensive insurance wouldn't think twice before putting in a bullsh*t whiplash claim.

Unfortunately, now it's started and people think that they're entitled to compensation for everything, I don't think it's going to stop. :(

Its not going to stop at all, im sure people here would put in a whiplash claim if they had a slight neck pain after an accident. Afterall people spending £2k on insurance...i'd want my money back too.

Im amazing trading standards havnt said something. Its pathetic.

I'm sure people on here have claimed for bogus injuries.

Claiming compo for no reason isn't getting your money back, it's effectively fraud, and people doing it is what causes your premium to cost so much in the first place.

Amazed trading standards have said something about what?

Insurance companies can charge whatever they like, if they think you're likely to cost them money, then they'll charge you accordingly. Driving is a luxury, not a necessity, if you can't afford everything you need to drive legally, then you shouldn't drive.

W ehad a van roll into a current shape Clio earlier this year. Damage? None. The TP has not submitted a claim to her motor insurers at all. Yet we have four PI claims for whiplash for each of the female occupants. No ambulances attended and only one occupant went to see their doctor.

That's up to £20k for sweet F.A.

The new Government need to do something about it as do the insurance industry.

That is legalised robbery.

Insurance is legalised robbery by todays standards.

How much do you pay for car insurance?

Now how much damage could you cause in an accident? Cause a pile-up or cripple a few people and you're in to serious money.

And the likelihood that someone is going to claim for bogus whiplash is massive nowadays, the insurance companies are covering themselves. Pretty much any slight bump you cause is going to cost them at least £5000 in injury claims alone, as IDGM said above.

Change where the car is kept, mine was cheaper to be parked outside my house than on a locked driveway somehow?

I have just changed both of mine to being parked on the drive to being parked on the street, and saved £25 B)

I am going to guess that statistically, you are more likely to scrape your car along your house/wall or whatever when parking on your drive than of someone crashing into your street parked car.

Iv heard that nfu will be the cheapest i'll get, but when trying them they said that they wouldnt insure me because im under 25 and my parents arent with them.

So i got my mum to ring them and see how much it would be for me as anamed driver on ehrs and they wouldnt insure her either because we dont have any other business with them... but how are people supposed to have any business with them if they dont insure people who dont already have business with them?

Doesnt make sense

how did the people who are with them, get insured by them if they werent already with them?

Iv heard that nfu will be the cheapest i'll get, but when trying them they said that they wouldnt insure me because im under 25 and my parents arent with them.

So i got my mum to ring them and see how much it would be for me as anamed driver on ehrs and they wouldnt insure her either because we dont have any other business with them... but how are people supposed to have any business with them if they dont insure people who dont already have business with them?

Doesnt make sense

how did the people who are with them, get insured by them if they werent already with them?

For my family, they cover our home insurance, animal insurance, insurance for 3 cars, parents main drivers on two cars and named drivers on my car.

i did not realise that they would not want to insure people who dont already insure with them. But i do not understand why they describe it as "business" with them. doesnt make sense to me either, but for us it works out as us saving a load on insurances as we have everything on one policy with a mutual company.

I had not previously found other people had any trouble to insure with them, i have already reccommended several friends who moved to insure with them without problem?

The word is probably out on NFUs good deals. As more 'new business' heads their way, so will their exposure to claims that might ordinarily be kept within more traditional insurers, spoiling it for existing, long term clients. As a result, they will restrict availability to their prefered client base.

Even on my mums policy the cheapest iv found is 2700.

How is this possible!? it is a one litre!

mum was on about sorting something out with the bank to pay it, but i cant justify paying that much money to drive a car for a year, and then to still have to pay that again next year

so depressing.

I'm sure people on here have claimed for bogus injuries.

Claiming compo for no reason isn't getting your money back, it's effectively fraud, and people doing it is what causes your premium to cost so much in the first place.

Amazed trading standards have said something about what?

Insurance companies can charge whatever they like, if they think you're likely to cost them money, then they'll charge you accordingly. Driving is a luxury, not a necessity, if you can't afford everything you need to drive legally, then you shouldn't drive.

I dont think so many people would make whiplash claims if the premiums werent so high in the first place.

Well i had a 50cc moped when i was 16 and then churchill insured me for my first year in my old 1.4 lupo for £1300 on my own policy as they allowed 1yr n/c from the moped!

Thats carried on and now i'm 19, 3 years n/c and a GTI for £900 a year.

Well i had a 50cc moped when i was 16 and then churchill insured me for my first year in my old 1.4 lupo for £1300 on my own policy as they allowed 1yr n/c from the moped!

Thats carried on and now i'm 19, 3 years n/c and a GTI for £900 a year.

Well thats just rubbing it in :( haha

i literally couldnt find any cheaper. Anywhere!

Well, its took a while but many phone calls and 2906.57 later

I'm insured :)

Excellent stuff! Is it your own policy? If so, well done. It'll be worth it when you start tallying up that lovely NCB. :)

Shoulda gone with Endsleigh they do this "student bonus accelerator" and after 6 months you get 1 years no claim AND its transferable! am 19 drive a 1.0 Arosa (mk1) and already on 2 yrs no claim, due in dec.

never paid more than £2000 a year tho, insurance groups different for newer specs i guess....