The Arosa - RIP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks sweet mate!

did the lower brace make much difference? thinkin of getting one for mine.

where did you get front roll bar bushes from? did they make much difference as well? on my fiesta they made a good difference..

Made the steering in corners feel a bit more responsive, but it is so close to the exhaust it does knock on it. And if you car is lower than mine it will catch most things. Undertray doesnt fit with it on either.

Havnt got the front roll bar bushes yet, but they will be coming from a mk4 golf or other various model, they are a mm to big but that is easily sorted.

They would make perfect track wheels :shades: Brakes first though, need to pull my finger out!

• 4 weeks later...

umm.

What happened :(

Came over the brow of a hill doing 50, on a national speed limit road, lost traction, stepped out on me. Probably pretty much impossible to catch it and save it with the car being so stiff. It then pulled me onto the grass which was soaking wet so no control at all. After that its a blur and i remember waking up upside down.

Ive been told it rolled because it come off the grass again onto the tarmac and caught grip which caused it turn over. I reckon id be dead if i was speeding as just further along the grass was a concrete bridge which i would of probaby hit. I'll upload a pic of the road, its a mess, right next to a farm entrace.

Deverstated like as i loved that car and had big plans for it but i cant be bothered with cars trying to make them quick etc, going to spend my money on other things like going on holiday and start saving for a house. If i want a faster car ill save and go out and buy one, next car i hope to be a teggy dc5 :) But at the end of the day, could of been far worse, i could be dead or even worse i could of killed someone else.

Sorry to hear it's gone.

Glad to hear you are in one piece though mate !

Things like that do make you reconsider everything don't they ?

I've heard Integra's are overrated :ph34r:

Sorry to hear it's gone.

Glad to hear you are in one piece though mate !

Things like that do make you reconsider everything don't they ?

I've heard Integra's are overrated :ph34r:

Oh yes 100% thats why im not bothering with this car, enjoy having a car and my life still and get on with enjoying other things!

I have heard good things and bad but thats the same with all cars. Save up a nice bit of coin and hopefully next year be rolling in one like this......

wikiwirral16024.jpg

7019.jpg

Nice! Sorry to hear about the arosa! :(

Did you manage to keep anything from it? Wheels? :D love those 5spokes!

Stripped what i could, sold bits local and i have a few things left which at the moment i have no idea what is left as a mate done it all for me.

Scrapped alot of it though as i didnt trust selling it on incase it was bent/twisted.

Stripped what i could, sold bits local and i have a few things left which at the moment i have no idea what is left as a mate done it all for me.

Scrapped alot of it though as i didnt trust selling it on incase it was bent/twisted.

Did you buy it back from the insurance company then? Or didnt you claim?

Did you buy it back from the insurance company then? Or didnt you claim?

Didn't claim, wasn't worth it. Could of claimed and got money for mods back but I thought what's the point? Could of got what maybe 2k maybe bit more for mods plus what £700 for the car?

Theres £2700 to go out and buy a new car, but i then would of been left with a nice claim in my name and not been able to insure any car I want. It was hard enough as it is.

Expensive **** though crashing, police well and truly ****ed me over, ended up paying recovery fees, paying to have recovered from the recovery place, road sweeper bills which i told them to **** off as im not paying that.

Been a further 2 crashes since I crashed. 40 crashes in 5 years ive been told.

police well and truly ****ed me over, ended up paying recovery fees, paying to have recovered from the recovery place, road sweeper bills which i told them to **** off as im not paying that.

In their defence, did you expect them to pay for it?

In their defence, did you expect them to pay for it?

They impounded the car, wanted to investigate it. Recovery company told me it was in for every investigation under the sun. Copper told me at the scene of accident and when round at my house they would pay fees as they took the car, I could of took the car at the side of the road myself but they wanted it so they said they would pay.

5 or so days later, rang me told me they were not going to bother investigating it I can come down and get the keys/my phone and sort it for collecting. Again told me they would fax payment details through etc.

Got the recovery company and was told it hadn't been paid for, so wasted the journey of the recovery guy for me, got in touch with cops again and he then told me that he was no longer paying for it and it was my problem to sort out paying for it.

Wanted £330 to release the car, guy at recovery company was really nice and understanding and said he sees it happen all the time so I could pay £150 and they keep the car or £190 and I can have the car.

My view after dealing with that copper has changed completely, I used to think they were spot on but after some of the things he said to me no wonder they get such a bad name!

What were they wanting to investigate? Did you get breathalised/checked out at the time? Or did they think there were issues with the roadworthiness of the vehicle?

I heard bout this but didnt wana poke my nose in and want to know the crack just glad to see your okay. after all its just metal....

Where did it happen at? just down from the crem up your way? thats a nasty bit of road, I almost lost the astra on there but thats another story....

Oh and you could have saved me the rear beam, even if it was bent I just needed the brakes! :P

What were they wanting to investigate? Did you get breathalised/checked out at the time? Or did they think there were issues with the roadworthiness of the vehicle?

Got breathalysed and that was it. Nothing else happened with me.

Not sure, I got told mechanical failures they check for then if all your mods are declared things like that but as I say I never happened in the end and i got stung with the bill.

My view after dealing with that copper has changed completely, I used to think they were spot on but after some of the things he said to me no wonder they get such a bad name!

I know what you mean Ben! I rang the police when that ugandan bloke drove into my bora. All the policeman could say when he turned up was how much of a 'Waste of police time' this was and all that there's no reason for him to even be there... Some of them can be complete w*nkers.