Boot Light On Dash

Lupo-Joe

Open the boot, it's on the right hand side, small switch with a spring inside it.

It's probably rusted up, remove it and clean up the contacts and refit it... careful you don't electrocute yourself!!

had a similar problem with my polo previously, i also had a really weak flow rear washer, turned out i had to take off the boot inside cover with the star shape allen keys, and then reconnect the washer pipe which had come off, and was soaking the boot sensor, so when dried out, all was fine.

I had similar prob to bep51, my rear washer pipe split and kept p!ssing washer fluid into the boot latch which kept settig the alarm off, right nightmare! Took the whole latch apart and cleaned it all up and dried it out, been fine ever since!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dredge this up, but does anyone have a picture of the switch and its location?? i cannot find mine for love nor money! is it within the latch and i have to remove the rear panel etc?

Minee has started to come on and only goes out when the boot is slammed shut.

Please help! :)

When mine was coming on I just adjusted the boot catch after trying different locations it went out not sure if thats the right way to do it tho

How did you adjust it? just by moving it around when undoing it? :shades:

How did you adjust it? just by moving it around when undoing it? :shades:

Right sorted! :) took 10 mins to do.

Removed the plastic cover panel and found that the rear screen wash black connector had come off and had sprayed the inside.

Cleaned and dried everything and pulled the sensor switch terminal out to find it was wet aswell. This got dried off and cleaned.

Put everything back and......... tadaa! all works fine and the washer is twice as powerfull as its ever been. :D

Thanks for your help dooders. B)

Think I need to do what you did then, is it the same set up

On a gti ?

Yea , I would have thought its the same. The main bit is to get the hair dryer in there and dry it all out. I have now heat shrunk over the connectors so no more water or moisture can get in what ever happens there in the future :)

Just did a search and found this.

My alarm has been going off consistantly for the last 20 minutes every couple of minutes.

I'm gonna check whats been said in here tomorrow!

Im currently suffering from this boot light problem to but cant work out where the waters coming from as my washer hose is connected.

Do you know if there is any water coming in? it could just be that the terminals have furred up over the years and need a clean due to condensation? take it apart and have a clean then put back together and see what happens.

If there is water in the bottom little tray of the boot where the lock connects to on closing then there is a leak about :)

Not checked mine today because the light is now back off so it can wait until the weekend.

But I'm pretty sure it's water related.

Just not using the rear wiper washer! :lol:

water must be getting in because the cable running to the boot light switch has a foam casing which is soaking wet. I noticed fri to I was having the same problem as alot of other people have been with the alarm going off every half hour which I think maybe related.

Defo sounds like the pipe is either split or has come off, dry iy all out with a hair dryer and kitchen roll, then if yoy cant find the leak, get some one to put the pusher on while you are watching the area (keep your eyes out of harms way tho!) :)

• 3 years later...

After the heavy rain from Sunday, my boot open light has come on the dash too.

I have checked the latch itself, that is fine.

Where is this switch and how do you gain access to it?

Can anyone post an idiot's guide, preferably with photos? :yes:

• 1 year later...