New York

Putney

I went about 2 years ago for a 5 day break. Absolutely loved it!

Did the following while I was there:

Top of the Rock (at night) - Rockerfella centre roof - view is absolutely amazing

Empire State (at night) - A different view from the roof, slightly higher than Top of the Rock

Grand Central Station - It's huge and beautiful. You'd never see Liverpool Street looking that clean & tidy!

Central Park - Really pretty and a lot bigger than you realise. Kinda strange being in the middle of a huge park in the middle of one of the largest busiest cities in the world!

Gugenheim Museum - Lovely building. Had a really random exhibition on when we went, but it was worth going just to see the building really

Central Park Zoo - Not very big but quite cheap to get in

Natural History Museum - Much like every other natural history museum really

Times Square

Broadway

etc

Things I didn't get to see/do that I would've like to:

Staten Island Ferry

Statue of Liberty

Brooklyn Bridge

Ground Zero

I have a return flight booked three weeks later so hoping to do most of it and maybe a little trip up to niagra falls on the train. I'm staying at a place over looking ground zero. Im Sure that's going to be quite moving for me.

near ground zero there is a building with lots of info on ground one and theyre preperations for it in the future but if you walk through the back of that balding there is jeti with a few millionaires yachts, could be good for a few pictures

grand central station is awesome on the inside,

travel uptown into queens etc gives a you a look at the real new york

get on the train and go upto coney island at night its where the famous nathan's hotdog place and a kinda old fashioned funfair with a wooden rollercoaster really good atmosphere in the place!

biggest tip is buy a weekly pass for the subway..hop on hop off all day long its a lifesaver

walk across the brooklyn bridge and have a gander round brooklynn aswell

as pic said fo up the rockafell building, this means your able to see the empire state building!

I went a few years ago. Was the best place ive ever been, so stunning.

Did ground zero, no matter what you're like, thats moving - its really weird to know you're at the place you saw on tele all those years ago, where the earth stood still because of two buildings that were here. If you get to go up empire state too just imagine how much higher the towers were - and you had people jumping out of the higher floors. Kinda makes you shed a tear.

Empire state is amazing too, you'll get some shots from up there! You can go right to the very top in a lift, but it was too cold/windy for them to let us go up when i went, but still - was damn high!

The footlocker, i know it doesnt sound good and its just a shop, but its massive! So big!

Walked around central park for a day, that place is huge, the zoo is quite good too.

Statue of Liberty is a must do, that woman is bigger than you think!

I thought the whole place was so surreal, you're at the place you see in pretty much every film you watch, you'll be watching films after and saying to yourself "I've been there"! :P

Totally agree , thats the main thing id be doing if i went .

The only thing I am buying is apple TV... its around £70 over there... Having said that I will take a credit card just incase I go mental.

It's worth having a wander around the shops even if you don't like shopping, just because they're not your ordinary shops and it's not your average atmosphere.

It's not just shopping for girls though - the Toys R Us in Times Square is the biggest toy shop in the world (apparently). They had the biggest selection of Nerf guns I'd ever seen. :blink: (The ferris wheel inside the store is pretty impressive too)

It's not just shopping for girls though - the Toys R Us in Times Square is the biggest toy shop in the world (apparently). They had the biggest selection of Nerf guns I'd ever seen. :blink: (The ferris wheel inside the store is pretty impressive too)

Nicki, its actually quite cheap in there.

Considering i went 4 years ago, i brought the official microsoft xbox camera for something stupid like $20. Whereas over here it was silly money!

Games i think were the same price as they over here, but cheaper if you work out exchange rate (around $40)

Oh, and you can either use the stairs, or the indoor ferris wheel (if i remember rightly?)

Damn you putney! Im now looking for prices to go to new york! And im sure most of clublupo are too!

ClubLupo holiday anyone haha?!

I got my flight for £336 through a virgin trolley dolly my girl friend has an apartment in new York next to ground zero and looking out over the river. Always wanted to go to new York but was put off by the expense of hotels. :)

I got my flight for £336 through a virgin trolley dolly my girl friend has an apartment in new York next to ground zero and looking out over the river. Always wanted to go to new York but was put off by the expense of hotels. :)

lucky sodd! the flights cost me 950quid 2yrs ago with delta, and the raddisson hotel cost me about 200quid for a week :-)

Okay sounds slightly ****, but has anyone mentioned the Greys Bus Tours? (Think thats what theyre called!)

I wasn't bothered about it, and it was one of the last things we did, but it was excellent, gave you a good understanding of the city any how it all links up, if that makes sense.

There are far too many things to list! Depends if you're into wide landscape photos (statue of liberty or rockerfella) shops and stuff (you'll find many similar shops, but absolutely huge versions, there's like a 3 story M and M sweet shop!), or all the cliche new york stuff, (cabs, central park, all the coffee shops etc.) When i went i walked down times square at around 3 in the morning, which was a highlight, Sounds odd but its fantastic, it's so bright and warm still with all the billboards etc. and theres more policemen than public!

Have a good'un! :)