Fuel Gauge not working.

donnyfox12

Fitted some 17's on my 06 Fox today, jacked up both the front and the rear, before this I had half a tank of petrol, then once I had finish I had gone to have one bar left, was concerned so I went and put another £10 in and the gauge still wouldnt move. Now it stays on 1/4 all the time anm the needle doesn't work :( Anyboy know where my problem lies? Thanks.

It's a Fox, the illegitimate love child of a Lupo and a Polo, you expect it to work? :lol:

Seriously though, could be the tank sensor that's dodgy or the dials may be knackered.

More chance of it being the tank sensor to be honest and you've upset it by jacking the car up, leave it parked on the flat overnight and see if it changes.

It's a Fox, the illegitimate love child of a Lupo and a Polo, you expect it to work? :lol:

Seriously though, could be the tank sensor that's dodgy or the dials may be knackered.

More chance of it being the tank sensor to be honest and you've upset it by jacking the car up, leave it parked on the flat overnight and see if it changes.

Heyy we'll have less ;)...I had a fiddle with the sensor to try and get it working, the needle only moved slightly. Yeah i'll do that mate. Cheers.