AUDI TT LEATHER SEATS HOW DO U FIT INTO A LUPO TDI

Guest cream2cream

Guest cream2cream

hello, ive managed to get hold of a minted set of mk1 full leather seats from a audi tt, pickin them next week there from a scrap yard :rolleyes:

does anyone know if there easy to fit into a lupo tdi?

what sort of modifications would i need to do? i have a very good mechanic who's handy with a welder/ hammer and a few screws :blink:

any advice would b very very much appreciated

:)

thanks

would these seats have the twin rail 4 bolt fitting as the MK5 golf has ?

if so i have been putting a set of Mk 5 golf seats in my Lupo GTI and to do it properly you will need to be into metal work and welding as 4 towers need to be built to fix each of the 2 mounting points on each rail (the reason for the raised mounting poins is due to the hight of the MK5 seats being lower that the older MK4 seats) , i made mine in 5mm steel plate it was a bit of a long job that involves welding to the floor pan of the car as well as the old gutters which the old MK4 seats sit in .

I shall get some pictures of what i done and try and post them up .

if so i have been putting a set of Mk 5 golf seats in my Lupo GTI and to do it properly you will need to be into metal work and welding as 4 towers need to be built to fix each of the 2 mounting points on each rail (the reason for the raised mounting poins is due to the hight of the MK5 seats being lower that the older MK4 seats) , i made mine in 5mm steel plate it was a bit of a long job that involves welding to the floor pan of the car as well as the old gutters which the old MK4 seats sit in .

There is a much easier and less destructive way than that

There sure is.. The subframes I made required 4 holes drilling into the Lupo rails, and thats it, easilly covered up with the lupo rail covers if i take them out again. Think the Mk2 TT seats are the same design as the Mk5's? Could have probably welded the Lupo seat wheels onto my frames, but didn't think it would end up low enough.

yes i bet there is to be honest i didnt even look i just decided i wanted my seats very secure , would be interested in the thickness of the steel used and the design a picture or link would be good .

Yeah, you could have knocked me some of them up! Mine cost me £150 to be made. :(

Mine are 20mm box section, bolted to the lupo rails at the back, and using the standard lupo fixing point at the front.

Yeah, you could have knocked me some of them up! Mine cost me £150 to be made. :(

Mine are 20mm box section, bolted to the lupo rails at the back, and using the standard lupo fixing point at the front.

Thats what im doing tomorrow, only it wont be costing me anyhthing thankfully!

My Mk5 subframes....

34462_405603747193_563967193_4471082_2492329_n.jpg

they wouldnt work on my seats as they have underseat storage bins , they would also still sit to low .

they would also still sit to low .

Yes, that's the idea - to have the seats as low as possible. Also, because the MK5 runners are kept in tact the seats can always be raised up with the normal height adjustment lever.

Guest cream2cream

i shall b pickin the TT seats in next few days, my mates handy with a welder, :D i cant see him chargin me > a tenna weld up 2 brackets

;)

i'ii get him to rattle can the metal with £ shop spray so hardly noticable as carpets black :shades:

u got any pictures of urs yet?

Guest cream2cream

they wouldnt work on my seats as they have underseat storage bins , they would also still sit to low .

hello have u got pictures of them fitted in ur car yet?

i cant belive u paid 150 to someone just to weld 4 pieces of metal together :lol: :lol: :lol: