In preparation for Gran Turismo 5

DarkStryder360

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkstryder, your a talented lad looking at the modelling you've done but im sure i trust a major company with a huge rep to withhold that they have produced the best game they can within the boundaries of the console and the number crunches.

I dont understand why everyone is getting so hostile towards Darkstryder, he's only voicing is opinion... even thought he hasn't bought the game or played it yet... but i couldn't agree more with him on some on the standard cars graphics wise... some of them look like direct ps2 ports with some slight tweaks... not really up to scratch for the amount of time we've had to wait for the game....

BUT saying that i can't fault the game for playability, and the detail of the premium cars, in someways the game is ashtonishing... still the best driving simulator to date, but its certainly not perfect. It still has some of its old habits brought over from previous games.... one thing which is quite annoying is the AI, and how there still using that "follow the track you get in my way and i'll make sure to bump you and spin you" system...

i agree premium cars are awesome... and although some of the standard ones are quite bad... its not enough to warrant not getting the game :) would be awesome if they did do weekly updates of that haaha :D

I only bought a PS so I cold play the Getaway as it is s'posed to have fantastic "London scenes". I found that the current versions won't run on my PS3 and the new "Getaway 3" is going the same way as GT5.

:blush:

But the thing is, the cars you use, need and want are all premium cars. The other standard cars are there to pad out the other manufacturers.

Hate to think the amount of time it took them to model even one premium car.

Thing is, the padding out is unnecessary really, wouldnt you rather say 20% of the Skylines, all modelled accurately, rather than all the versions ported. Pretty much how Forza has done it, even though they fell foul of the same problems, although not as noticeable. They ported over cars from Forza 2. Even though that is still a 360 title it wasn't so obvious.

I have only been doing 3D for a year and managed to do a 3D replica of 2008 Ford Fiesta in 2 days. I am by no means the best at it. I would have assumed the guys at Polyphony have been doing 3D since they were about 3, after doing 2 years at a sweatshops, and would have cranked out plenty of 3D models over the last 5 years! Saying that, the Premium models are uber sexy..

Darkstryder, your a talented lad looking at the modelling you've done but im sure i trust a major company with a huge rep to withhold that they have produced the best game they can within the boundaries of the console and the number crunches.

Lol cheers, but I would just like to reiterate the idea of having so many cars, in which its great to have that many, but to have that many, brag about it, and then find out its only ported versions.

Just disappointed as all as I have been saying since the PS3 release that I would buy one as soon as GT5 comes along seeing as the originals stole my childhood.

Here's hoping they release updated versions over time!

Oh well, there's another graduate for the Asda tills.

Oh, Tesco btw. :coffee: