My Polo GTi *Project Red*

xkarinx

Thanks mate! I've got lots of other plans too so next time you see the car it'll be looking a lot different ;)

Lol as if it doesn't stand out in hooton enough! the stance is beaut (don't touch that ;)).

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 10 days off work coming up over Christmas so I'm hoping to get some work done on the car for once :lol: but just to keep the thread alive with some pictures...

I got an Ibiza Cupra engine cover cheap on ebay a few weeks ago and I was thinking about getting it tarted up and being a bit different, but I think I might have been a bit optimistic in thinking it'll ever fit :lol: It was only 99p though

IMG_0491.jpg

And my Forge diverter valve

IMG_0493.jpg

I need to get the new engine down to the unit and then I can start stripping it and getting the bits ordered that I need :)

Fit a mk7 Polo gti cover. Keep it in the Polo theme ?

I have thought about it but I'm not sure I'm too keen on them. I'm not really set on what I want yet, I'm thinking of just getting a collection of covers so I can mix it up a bit :lol:

nice :tongueout:

Thanks Ryan :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd do a quick update just to stop the thread dying completely!

I haven't been able to make much progress as I'm poor from Christmas :( I did manage to get the turbo off the engine though..

IMG_0502.jpg

The plan is to hopefully get a K04 set up bought next month. I'll also be buying a BAM inlet, 20v throttle pedal and loom, Lupo GTi/TDI pedal box and VR6 MAF when I can afford them, hopefully within the next couple of months.

Nothing exciting but I did start painting my cross members today to tidy them up, a quick before and after picture

IMG_0524.jpg

And as I haven't posted it up yet, my new washer bottle I bought to fit in the boot. Small enough? :lol:

IMG_0511.jpg

The plan is to get some sound deadening bought so next week will probably consist of stripping the interior and fitting that!

Hubs and wishbones came off today

IMG_0527.jpg

I'm gonna be getting Powerflex bushes and the wishbones seam welded and powdercoated. Think I'll also be converting the hubs to take nuts instead of bolts :)

Why the nut conversion, new wheels :)?

I will be getting new wheels, but that's not why :)

The nut conversion is something i've been wanting to do for a while, think using nuts will be a lot more convenient, plus ive already had a threaded hub :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Great work, when you looking to be finished ??

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Great project, never forget to get a look at this thread...

:D

Thank you :D

Great work, when you looking to be finished ??

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I haven't really set myself a deadline, it's been hard finding time to work on it lately as work's been mad and money's always going to slow things down, but it'll be at UDubs next year at least ;)

Well after weeks of being lazy and doing pretty much no work on the car :rolleyes: I decided I needed to get myself motivated and actually make some sort of progress, starting with actually getting the engine out of my garage at home and down to the unit.

So it turns out the Lupo actually makes a good van :lol:

IMG_0563.jpg

And finally at the unit

IMG_0565.jpg

I'm on the hunt for parts at the minute too. A couple of purchases from this week..

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

Audi TT throttle pedal and loom. I just need a pedal box now :lol:

I'm going to start stripping the engine down this week, and hopefully get the GTi engine out of the car so I can start work on the bay

There's a full box on eBay, just search Audi tt pedals :)

I need a Lupo GTi / TDi pedalbox, which aren't as easy to source. This'll allow me to convert to a hydraulic clutch which should look more OEM :)

Started stripping the engine a little bit last night.

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

Need to decide what's getting painted and what's getting polished now :) The AC pump will be getting binned though!

My new drivers side engine mount arrived today. The mount is from a 9n3 gti so can sit in the original position in the bay, although it does mean that the driveshafts will sit at an angle so I may move it anyway but we'll see :D

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

The plan is to get the gearbox mount from the same car and get a dogbone mount and modify it to fit

Managed to get a little bit of work done on the engine today. Firstly, flywheel off

IMG_0579.jpg

And finally onto the engine stand

IMG_0575.jpg

Inlet and wiring off

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

And the engine looking a little barer

IMG_0580.jpg

And my purchase for this week, K04 charge pipe

IMG_0574.jpg

:)

• 2 weeks later...