A Bit Of Help Please!?

Rusl

I just put some refurbed bottle tops o mty lupo tonight and went to drive away and noticed the abs was on and that couldnt drive an inch!

Went to take the wheel off and its almost impossible to pull off< two of us have had a go and nothing!

Anyone got a clue whats gone wrong?

cheers Russ

yeah loosened them on the floor jacked it up an no joy what so ever.

could probobly drive it with no bolts in its that tight and if the abs light wasnt on :P

If you have no bolts in there is nothing to stop the wheel coming off apart from the tightness of the centre over the lip, so a rubber mallet or such to knock it off from beind should do the trick. A bit of copper grease on the lip and centre bore will help it to "not happen again".

As for the ABS light coming on :confused:

I can only think you have disturbed the sensor\wire when removing\refitting the wheels.

Plus the ABS light should not stop the car from physically moving it should just mean the ABS won't work when you lock up. So if the car is not moving at all when handbrake off and trying to go then there is something seriously wrong. Maybe something jammed in the ABS ring??

Do you have clearance between the wheel and caliper ? The wheel isn't stuck on the caliper and caliper impeeding the abs sensor somehow is it ?? As above, can't see how the wheel would be stuck if you had just put it on, and it's connection with the abs light ? Trapped abs wire ?

problems kinda sorted now, my mate came over and i had too long a wheel bolt in the rear drum preventing it from moving, losing tension in my handbreak therefore ABS light.

And i couldnt get the wheels off because the refurbers put too heavy a coating on the centre bore.

thanks for the help though ;)

oh and a kickass mell loosened my wheels ha!

Edited by Rusl