how come you get addicted?

jettagolf

i bought my lupo as a cheap run about it had no mot and was a mess inside and out and was so i could put my mk2 golf gti in the garage to give it a good refurb. but now i am hooked on the lupo i have lowered it cos it needed 4 new springs and it was cheaper to buy a lowering kit than 4 original springs and i put my g60 steels on it to make it look better than the 13's now i think it looks great, its a 1.7d and it uses no fuel its quite comfy and well speced and now i am hooked i cleaned it all in side and got it looking good and now in the middle of painting its wheels white, i just love it, i need to fix the electric windows and the exhaust rattles but no way has it put me off, i think its a keeper along with the golf i was just wondering if anyone else got addicted? :lol:

Yep, mine was supposed to be a cheap to insure run about after writing a car off. 2 and a half years later and i still have it, considered selling it recently and couldn't bring myself to do it!

does anyone have a translation for this reply :confused:

I occasionally transverse the fair green city in my automobile. I have definitely observed you in the vicinity of Pitt Street but I wasn't in my vehicle at that juncture.

Peasy :lol: .

jettagolf where abouts in south lanarkshire do you stay because i am in carluke? cheers ross

i live in a small village called crawfordjohn

I bought my sport to replace my modded scirocco as a sensible, newer, more reliable and safer car with a view of keeping it that way. I resisted for a couple of years and the front brakes needed replacing, and rather than just throw on standard, I couldn't help myself. Now I have grooved discs, yellow stuff pads, goodridge hoses and 5.1 fluid. Start of a long road to no recovery !!!

i had a mk1 golf gti for ten yrs until '06, then i decided it was time for something more modern as it killed me to use it as a daily..i went from this to a vr6 corrado, then a mk2 gti, then a mk4 turbo...all great cars, but missing that certain "something" that a mk1 had...so along came the lupo gti - i drove one back in '05 and was real impressed - closest you can get to a modern day mk1 i'd say, and that was the appeal for me; that and they are a fairly rare sight and i like something a little dif...i'm hooked now...promised myself i wouldn't mod it much, as they are so good as standard, so just the usual mods then - coilovers, rims and some more supportive seats, as i reckon thats the only real downside to the standard gti; it's so good as standard other than that