scratches:poorboys ssr2

wheels&tyres:megs wheel cleaner,megs endura tyre gel,autoglym alloy wheel seal

polish:zymol

prime:dodo juice lime prime

wax:poorboys natty paste,dodo juice skull candy

trim:megs trim restorer

glass:megs glass cleaner

interior:megs carpet cleaner,autoglym interior shampoo

and when im feeling lazy:dodo juice need for speed or autoglym spray on shine.

Only just started out so opinions please :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the 206 GTI 180 I use

Megs nxt tech wash in warm water

Then warm water rinse with megs mitt

Towel dry

Then Megs nxt tech wax 2.0 wiped off with terry towel

The shine is amazing can get the same reflection prob even better then machine buffers

Photos can be seen on my facebook

Ok so I'm going to add my 1 favourite product. Well, from today it's my favourite!

We were watching one of these Ideal World TV sales thing, and Dad decided to buy a product called Greased Lightening - Showroom Shine. "Clean your car with one wipe, no water needed, bla bla bla" Yeah right, what a load of rubbish. I thought.

Cleaned, or should I say wiped down the Lupo with it today, didn't even clean it with water and the results were absolutely amazing. I would say better than when I wash, polish etc the car. And it took 30mins to get the car to a stunning shine, no streaks, scratches, anything. Absolutely unbelieveable.

We did a headlight of Dad's Lexus too, thought I'd share the results. This was one quick wipe of the passenger's one (no water or anything)...

lexus1.jpg

A clean, polish and wax all in one. Brilliant :D

Edited by mini-man-dan

My recent favorite is AutoSmart re-glaze I paid 10 pound for what will essentially make 10 Litres iirc.

It contains carnauba and I used like a speed detailer after I'd washed a customers jag xk8 Im detailing. Worked wonders as a gloss enhancer.

And the beading later on when the rain came. O my! It was amazing.

• 1 month later...

Iv got a quick question

Iv got around £30 quid to get the exterior looking as good as it can for that money any help or advice would be very helpful

Oh and i should mention i already have wash mits and a decent shampoo

Edited by Alycat

Iv got a quick question

Iv got around £30 quid to get the exterior looking as good as it can for that money any help or advice would be very helpful

Oh and i should mention i already have wash mits and a decent shampoo

I would recommend -

clay bar

autoglym super resin polish

autoglym glaze (cant remember the exact name)

dodo juice wax - just get a sample pot for about 6 quid, more than enough to do one coat on a car.

autoglym bumper care for all the plastics.

maybe some tyre shine?

You will need some microfibres and applicator foams as well.

Take a look on elite car care, if you put in the code 'dw' (short for detailing world) you get a bit of discount, about 5% i think.

• 1 month later...

whats good for getting off the little black bits on the body, the spounge wont get them off but when i pick them off with my nail they come off

thanks James B

you can get a tar remover, or a clay bar will do the job.

Tar remover, dont go at it with your nails you'll damage the clear coat. Tardis by auto smart is very good but quite innacurate and not very enviro friendly. Try some dodo Taramalade, made with orange oil so its natural, comes in paste form so you can rub it on with a finger or microfibre :)

Ok so I'm going to add my 1 favourite product. Well, from today it's my favourite!

We were watching one of these Ideal World TV sales thing, and Dad decided to buy a product called Greased Lightening - Showroom Shine. "Clean your car with one wipe, no water needed, bla bla bla" Yeah right, what a load of rubbish. I thought.

Cleaned, or should I say wiped down the Lupo with it today, didn't even clean it with water and the results were absolutely amazing. I would say better than when I wash, polish etc the car. And it took 30mins to get the car to a stunning shine, no streaks, scratches, anything. Absolutely unbelieveable.

By any chance does it have silicone in it??

Wash 2bm

Clay – megs but will purchase bilt hamber normal next

Megs stage 1 paint cleaner

Megs ultimate compound

poor boys diamond white glaze

poorboys ex-p polish sealant

poorboys natty`s paste blue

poorboys wheel protectant

happy with the results on a light car

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've just purchased a lupo the paintwork has been done 3 months ago, it is immaculate! How long should I wait before I wax it? And what do you recommend I use to keep the shine, the car is in black ...

Can you not wax it straight away?

I've just purchased a lupo the paintwork has been done 3 months ago, it is immaculate! How long should I wait before I wax it? And what do you recommend I use to keep the shine, the car is in black ...

I'd say you would be fine to wax it now, should be hard enough by now!

I still love the shine AG SRP gets although its quite a "Cheap" polish.

I swear by Collinite 476s ive used number of Megs liquid waxes there all crap and last days, Collinite i find is much harder wearing and beads for months.

Bilberry wheel cleaner, also use a trick of endurance tire gel then spray over with some basic tyre spray, seems to last longer!

dodo born to be mild...with megs wash mitt

dodo clay...with megs quick detailer

megs ultimate compound

auto glym super resin polish

megs next gen 2.0 tech wax

auto glym vinyl and rubber care

megs ultimate protectant dash and trim restorer

poor boys wheel sealant

i realy like the megs wax and also there interior stuff, this one is like a liquid gel thing. i'v just got a rotary machine though so i need to invest in a few compounds think i might get some dodo puple haze aswel.

wash - chemical guys glossworks

dry - chemical guys wolly mammoth

polish - 3m ultrafina/sonus final finish

glaze - chemical guys ez creme glaze

seal - cg jetseal

wax - chemical guys celeste detaglio

microfibre - Euorw shagpile

trim - blackwow

tyres - megs endurance

detailer - chemical guys pro detailer

glass - chemical guys glassworks

• 6 months later...

I worked as a car valeter for about 5 years for a few different local car dealers and the 2 things I used the most were Auto Smart tardis. I would put that stuff on everything it can leave a bad solvent smell inside the car if you use to much, it takes quite a while to evaporate.

Then I would use Trafalgar Spotting Solvent on the carpets and seats it gets all the grubby marks off. It can make an old oily carpet come up like new. Forget upholstery shampoo use spotters instead its much quicker. I'd use it on plastics as well but sometimes it would take the shine of the plastic. This stuff evaporates much quicker so it doesn't leave a bad smell in the car. Don't forget to screw the lid back on the tin after use.

I worked for a coach firm and there was one driver who would wash his coach with petrol.

If you're on a budget engine oil is a good substitute for back to black, I used it on my old 106 bumpers. Just watch you don't rub your clothes up against the bumpers after you put it on.