Pete's Built-Not-Bought GTI(s)

Pete

needs a clean :lol:

Too true!! I saw yours Andy and thought with you being keen as mustard with your polishing campaigns I thought I'd stick summat up that made you feel abit better!!

looks good with a white roof

Yeah I should've saved my money Stu, white vinyl is cheaper!!

• 6 months later...

Ok, thought I'd have a bit of an update. Since getting the roof done I've took off the screen sticker, may put on another on at some point, got my standard bathursts shot blasted and powder coated black to go with the roof....

5673457207_9e1cd2ddd9.jpg

Loop2 by Turbopete, on Flickr

Then I've since had to go with a new set of coilies so with Al's (AwesomeGTI Al)help I made the switch to weitec and left it raised a bit for now, sent my Mono's away for refacing, and today whilst sorting a ABS fault(hopefully anyways)I got round to fitting my g60 brakes, still need em cleaning up and painting but gonna do all four at the same time, and I had to get my new head unit fitted before I ran out of time so just a couple of pics of the upgrade with a cheeky glimpse of my weitecs.

02062011157.jpg

02062011159.jpg

02062011164.jpg

Cheers newy, I've not had the need to use em yet TBH, only fitted em this afternoon! Sure when they're needed they'll do a good job, back end is stripped out anyway so not so much weight to it.

Cars looking nice mate, you know your Weitecs have you had to take the adjuster out at the back to get it low because mine are wound right down and it doesn't seem to be that low.

Not slammed it yet mate, gonna wait for the 1st show I'm in with the monos on, I'd imagine like most coilovers though you'll have to whip em out to get really low, just don't expect any warranty to be honoured though!

The o/s/f one failed big time matey, so stuck a set of weitecs on, got a few bodywork issues that are really doing my head in but can't afford to get them sorted, I have an old work mate who does bodywork who did an awesome job on my old car, but I'm gonna have to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement, getting the monos freshly faced, taking out the black centers and bringing them up to the same finish and leaving the outer parts black, not seen any other ones like it so will make a nice change. Need to sort a bit of stance too, get a bit of camber and space them out, but it all takes money! :( But yeah I'm happy with how it's looking, and managing to keep on top of the general health of it!

• 1 month later...

Finally got enough money together to get my monos stripped back and a fresh set of skins for them so got them put on today! What ya think?!

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Needs to sit down a bit front and rear but that pic was as it came off the jack, so no doubt it will sit slightly lower once it's been down the road.

• 4 years later...

Ok, so I got a big bug for lupo's with my first gti, above, and just for reference I shan't be going into any serious details about its demise as its not a conversation I really wanna go into, it still doesn't sit well with me.

So from the last update I had bigger brakes and polished monos, let's look at that a bit...

E2E0EACB-FD03-4201-A3BA-7E71A4322F38.jpg

B3ED99A0-ABA6-42B7-855B-D54351750A31.jpg

257D39C5-B069-458B-A893-C3B18E066895.jpg

91874A5A-437A-42B5-9B16-007A7D42730E.jpg

371861C7-5410-4ADD-BF37-4E3367B2F871.jpg

And from then on after some time and a nasty experience with a speed bump I decided I needed to get air before doing some serious damage to my undercarriage, so with a deal made I headed over to derby and switched suspension with Piers...

513E81B4-BE3F-4A43-8BF5-1F86500BFA34.jpg

3CBF99D4-A12A-42B4-ADE7-6A458400860A.jpg

9F824843-4681-4CE7-A864-9B8D7A7B7C81.jpg

9F33AD60-1B0F-4143-9409-045D22797B23.jpg

6AA8E567-CDC3-40E3-ABA8-C65C20EBE9FC.jpg