abf in lupo

ABF Lupo

Ms sounds like it is getting there then, we used megajolt on our 205 mi16 carb conversion and then we have a high boost 1.3 turbo that uses ms, we had issues with it and have now invested in a dta set up, does the ms2 have live mapping capability yet? That's what I love about the emerald, the live mapping is great, every parameter on one page in front of you.

I'd hate to think mine would have cost if I had someone do it for me.... I could do mine twice for the cost of a 1.8t conversion done by the likes of psi!

Looking forward to seing a build thread on this

As mentioned dta and emerald are no better than ms for the application here, just ms is alot cheaper. My mk3 ABF turbo Runs ms1extra. Runs sweet but it's all down to the mapping. You can live map and has lots of functions. You have to know how to use them. Not sure I'd like use standalone on these though unless it was an expensive one that does sequential injection and has similar functions to oe ecus. You can't beat oem due to all the r&d gone into them. Some just are not suitable for boost.

I've had experience with Megasquirt, a good friends big bhp Punto GT runs it, even I got to grips with it quite quickly and I've never mapped a car in my life, really user friendly!

A VR6 turbo in a Lupo would be fantastic. The parts required for a turbo on a VR are getting cheaper and cheaper, and the stock internals can handle plenty of power, enough to make a Lupo rip itself into two I imagine. I think the handling comments are over exaggerated... the extra weight over the front probably helps traction.

I've had experience with Megasquirt, a good friends big bhp Punto GT runs it, even I got to grips with it quite quickly and I've never mapped a car in my life, really user friendly!

A VR6 turbo in a Lupo would be fantastic. The parts required for a turbo on a VR are getting cheaper and cheaper, and the stock internals can handle plenty of power, enough to make a Lupo rip itself into two I imagine. I think the handling comments are over exaggerated... the extra weight over the front probably helps traction.

dofo mate had quite a bit of mapping exp but all on fords etc but there all the same once you get it to fire lol

its going to be a ABF turbo mate .....just secured a engine,sub frame lots of different shafts :confused:

mounts engine bay loom for connectors etc

going to aim for a nice 250+whp lol shoul dbe fun in a lupo ;)

just got a set of 15" brock b2s to fire on it atm lol

SO ITS GAME ON FOR DEF NOW TO THE BUILD THREAD .............

• 2 months later...

Well there is a change of plan ....... i bought a mk2 golf that had a fubard engine and kinda flung me off this topic for a wile as the abf went into that lol

so i got the engine in the golf decided to go high comp some light head work and fit tbs at a later date.....so its in and mapped it on the megasquirt and its a animal lol 1st 2nd 3rd gear there is no traction !!!!! THIS IS ASKING FOR THE LUPO CONVERSION !!!!

golf is going to be fully restored/painted so cant just have the engine sitting about now can we!!

Tbs to go on

13092010253.jpg

Abf to be removed from

05102010264.jpg

updates will follow v soon !

tommy

i looked into an ABF earlier in the year but was told the block was gonna be too tall and it would have to be mounted at a wierd angle which would put extra strain on the gear linkage, driveshafts and mounts, but good work if you can make it happen! will be an animal.. i've gone a different route, will hopefully get a thread up once progress starts B)

unsure on the heights of the blocks, didnt look that far into it after being told it wasnt possible? would be interesting to know tho.. i know the lupo engine bay is the same size as a 6N/6N2 polo.. i've seen a few gone VR but no ABf's as of yet. should be fun! keep us updated :)

A mate of mine had the VR6 Lupo for a while, and he said the drive shaft was too long.... the blue one that dub sport did, then he sold it to a guy in manchester. and he sorted it with bits from this that and the other...... well worth a go tho. I was thinking of doing it, but the funds arent there....