Remapping

Whiny 77

I have an Arosa sport that's ready to go for it's MOT after been off the road for quite a while, I've done a fair bit of work on the engine. It's got schrick cams, Ashley manifold & exhaust system, lightened flywheel, gas flowed head, BMC, new leads & plugs ect!!

Now I'm looking to get a full remap but I have a few questions as to what to look for in a mapping service. I popped over to Stealth Racing in Coventry today just to have a quick chat about a map & costing, now they quoted me about £500 for a full rolling road. They also said it depends on which type of ECU I have in the car. One make he said is Bosch & the other is (I can't remember the name, but it started with a 'M'). Now he said the Bosch are easier to work on & the other one is a right pain.

I'm after anyones help & advice on what's right as far as pricing plus who's the best to go to.

Motronic?

£500 is quite steep, i wouldn't even pay that for a full remap session at emerald for my standalone ecu.

Awesome gti in Manchester will do it for a fair bit less, and it will be exactly the same thing. Send awesomeal a PM about it.

Plus awesome's rolling road is much more accurate than stealth "over read" racings.

John

Yeah I thought £500 was a bit pricey, it's hard to find places that know what their talking about let alone with a reasonable distance, the only reason I looked at stealth racing is because I'm in Birmingham & Coventry isn't too far really but for £500!! You can do one.

No I haven't had rolling roaded yet, I got the cams off eBay a while ago. I just so happened to see them for sale & just thought I'll grab them.

I'm hoping for a noticeable different to the standard sport engine.

I'm pretty sure one of my old mini coopers was done over that way years ago.

I'll also give that place a call to find out.

I've emailed awesome on there main website & I've emailed there rep on here aswel but I've had no reply. Is that normal with them? Or do they take a fair while to reply to peoples questions.

I've emailed awesome on there main website & I've emailed there rep on here aswel but I've had no reply. Is that normal with them? Or do they take a fair while to reply to peoples questions.

PM has been replied to.

At the moment our member of staff that looks after the Online store / Online enquiries is off on Holiday. All the e-mails are currently coming through to my works e-mail address, but as Today is my day off (the first in 12 consistant days) and not having access to works e-mail at home. I've been unable to reply.

e-mail replies are normally replied to within 24 hours, PM's are normally replied to as soon as we receive notification of one being sent.

However the best line of contact is always by phone!

Our number is 0161 776 0777 (opt1)

Hope this helps!

Regards, Al.

Edited by AwesomeAl

PM has been replied to.

At the moment our member of staff that looks after the Online store / Online enquiries is off on Holiday. All the e-mails are currently coming through to my works e-mail address, but as Today is my day off (the first in 12 consistant days) and not having access to works e-mail at home. I've been unable to reply.

e-mail replies are normally replied to within 24 hours, PM's are normally replied to as soon as we receive notification of one being sent.

However the best line of contact is always by phone!

Our number is 0161 776 0777 (opt1)

Hope this helps!

Regards, Al.

Yeah I got your PM & I've sent you one back, thanks for your reply & sorry for sounding like a moaning old woman.

Car passed MOT fine, already put the de-cat back on but I got to say the car doesn't feel that quick. Waiting to finish off my cold air feed system then just got to wait for Awesome to start doing there remaps again.

I don't know if it's been such a long time since I've drove the car, but also I haven't been pushing it but I got to say I'm pretty disappointed at this stage. I don't think it helps that I also have a Ibiza cupra TDi which is a monster with all that torque.

Hopefully once it's been remapped it'll all tie in with the rest of the modds & tuning, otherwise I think I'll be selling her & just stick to my cupra.

• 4 weeks later...

No, it's completely standard at the moment. The car is quick enough at the moment plus tuning diesel's always put's the clutch under heavy strain.

As for the comment about your old man running Stealth is about as useful as a glass hammer. So as to compete with that comment I work at Cadburys and can get £100 worth of chocolate from anywhere between £1.50-£10.00, "So There"

My dad runs stealth racing, my full custom remap is free!

Why not ask your dad for a special club price for us all then ??

I need mine doing as well & am also waiting for awesome clearly there is a market but price needs to be competitive as 500.00 is a rip off AMD charge £300-£350

I'm still looking for somewhere to do a remap on my car, I've phoned Awesome Gti and the earliest they might be doing them again is proberly about the new year time they said. Stealth Racing are having a laugh wanting £500 for one, so l'm back to square-one in looking for a place to do a custom rolling road remap.

Does anyone know of anywhere descent plus they have to know what there doing.

• 3 months later...

No, it's completely standard at the moment. The car is quick enough at the moment plus tuning diesel's always put's the clutch under heavy strain.As for the comment about your old man running Stealth is about as useful as a glass hammer. So as to compete with that comment I work at Cadburys and can get £100 worth of chocolate from anywhere between £1.50-£10.00, "So There"

Cadbury Land i loved that place when I was younger wow, forgot how good it might need a trip back there :D