lupo 1.4 16v Sport front discs

Martin_172

hi guys, wonder if you could help me, My sister has a 2003 1.4 16v Sport (100hp model) lupo and im doing front discs and pads on it, ordered the discs and pads from euro car parts but im slightly confused now that ive came to fit them.

the discs are the same size so thats fine however the current discs that are on the car appear to be slightly different, they had 1 screw holding them in place which i removed to find they were completely solid, and at a closer inspection it looks to me as if you would need to remove the driveshaft nut to get the disc off, and the rim that the wheel usually sits on when you bolt it on (part of the hub on every other car ive worked on) appears to be part of the disc?!

however my new discs are your normal looking disc that slide onto the hub then screw on.

anyone got any idea if their is 2 types of front brakes on these cars and ive been sent the wrong one? im stumped!!

cheers

martin

I recently changed the discs and pads on my Sport ! I too removed the screw, which was a bit of a pig, and the disc was solid. Having removed the calipers from the carriers I then tapped the top of the facing of the disc with a rubber hammer, or you could use a block of wood and any hammer. The disc should just pop off then. Before you put the new disc on, clean the hub and put a dab of copper ease, just incase you need to remove at a latter date. Also remember to clean the caliper sliding bolts and where the pads slide on the caliper, just helps stop the pads and caplipers sticking ! Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs !

I found out the hard way years ago that it is best not to damage anything you take off, because you may have to put it back on, if you suddenly discover that you have been provided the wrong parts !