Stubby mirror fitting

Stu92

• 2 weeks later...

Remove inner trim and you will be faced with a nut and splined screw head. Loose and remove these whilst supporting mirror and then gently remove mirror and closed cell foam padding.

Only thing I'm not sure about is how to disconnect the electric cables as I did mine on my poverty spec Arosa which had manula mirrors.

Replace and reconnect in reverse.

Hope this helps.

Were did you get you stubby mirror, iv wanted one a while now,

And does the inner trim just pull off, I tried this and was sccard I was going to snap the top as it wouldn't move

Cheers

ebay.de or early Lupo's and MK1 Arosas hand small mirrors I believe.

Yes the trim just pulls off, but if it is stiff and you are cared of breaking, try sliding a piece of ribbon or such behing the trim to spread the load ot the "pull".

If you don't have electric mirrors you will obviously have to remove the knob first.

• 1 month later...

The vision is spot on mate.once its on i dont think youl b able to tell the difference.i had a drivers side stubby and it looks great.lupos look ' wonky' without them lol.silver is right ebay.de is the best for one.type in lupo speigel for one.€30 delivered with glass i payed!Dan