Alva - New engine and more paint problems

Amber_Nunny

Thanks ^_^

It was brand new from VW but I got it off eBay.

Basically the guy had an accident, got a new bumper but never put it on.

I recently got quoted £130 for a new non sport bumper for my tdi so I assume it'll be around that mark :)

I'm 18 ^_^

I'm a 'equipment health monitor and performance engineer' but I'm still on an apprentice wage until September.

To be honest I'm lucky because my boyfriend buys a lot of parts as he's not got a car to waste money on anymore :)

I'm 18 ^_^

I'm a 'equipment health monitor and performance engineer' but I'm still on an apprentice wage until September.

To be honest I'm lucky because my boyfriend buys a lot of parts as he's not got a car to waste money on anymore :)

Fancy hooking me up with an apprenticeship? Or pointing me in the right direction, as to wherever it is you work (serious question)

I'm stuck at nunny college doing level 3 mechanical engineering at the minute and I'm looking for either an apprenticeship or full time work :)

And how have I not seen you driving around, I'm only from Hinckley and go through Nuneaton a lot :P

I'm 18 ^_^

ooooh look at me im all posh ;) what that means when its not in bullshit language is you sit at a desk drinking tea ;)

but id love to know how you can afford all that on the a wage only a tiny bit more than mine !!! SUCKS

are you gonna add more power to alva too?

Fancy hooking me up with an apprenticeship? Or pointing me in the right direction, as to wherever it is you work (serious question)

I'm stuck at nunny college doing level 3 mechanical engineering at the minute and I'm looking for either an apprenticeship or full time work :)

And how have I not seen you driving around, I'm only from Hinckley and go through Nuneaton a lot :P

I work at Rolls-Royce.

Used to be at the Ansty site but my department moved to Warwick.

The apprentice application is open until this Friday so if you want to apply then do it now lol.

I'd recommend applying at Derby (where Pat is) as its more secure as I'm sure you've heard Ansty has just cut about 350 jobs.

I would also recommend the BMW apprenticeship at Hams Hall which my boyfriend is currently on, or even Alstom in Rugby.

All of the applications end in the next few weeks/months so if you are serious about doing an apprenticeship you need to get applying now ^_^

I work 7-3 so I'm only driving around at silly hours with the occasional trip to ASDA lol.

ooooh look at me im all posh ;) what that means when its not in bullshit language is you sit at a desk drinking tea ;)

but id love to know how you can afford all that on the a wage only a tiny bit more than mine !!! SUCKS

are you gonna add more power to alva too?

Woah I go to sites and do performance testing - you just sit at a machine and press buttons or look at cracks ;)

My wage goes up to NVQ pay in the next few months plus I get fuel allowance for moving sites - plus the boyfriend is on about the same as me :)

Just prettying it up, probably will put on an induction kit - I'm not changing anything about the engine just rebuilding it :)

Woah I go to sites and do performance testing - you just sit at a machine and press buttons or look at cracks ;)

My wage goes up to NVQ pay in the next few months plus I get fuel allowance for moving sites - plus the boyfriend is on about the same as me :)

Just prettying it up, probably will put on an induction kit - I'm not changing anything about the engine just rebuilding it :)

hey!! i take your cynical approach to my job as an insult!! i actually design tooling for parts rotative's (well that's what i do at the moment) :o soo neeer!! im one of them NX geeks that are so intelligent! im also highly skilled in drinking tea.

but yer im on 12ish before shift pay etc, i want to be at 66% of my nvq by sept and out my apprenticeship by march 2014

• Like 1

hey!! i take your cynical approach to my job as an insult!! i actually design tooling for parts rotative's (well that's what i do at the moment) :o soo neeer!! im one of them NX geeks that are so intelligent! im also highly skilled in drinking tea.

but yer im on 12ish before shift pay etc, i want to be at 66% of my nvq by sept and out my apprenticeship by march 2014

Haha says you with your approach to my job!

I'll have you know EHM with industrial engines is a LOT different than EHM at Derby ;)

That's good, I should be out in September if all it good ^_^

I'm 2 minutes from hams hall :)

I've seen you outside the jaguar/landrover academy a thew times when I've been there, you pick someone up?

Oh and alvas looking good too :D

Yeah I pick up the boyfriends brother as I work in the technology park down the road.

I'll be giving him lifts again next week.

Haha thanks.

I'm now in the diesel so if the car sounds rough/noisy that's why.

Haha says you with your approach to my job!

I'll have you know EHM with industrial engines is a LOT different than EHM at Derby ;)

That's good, I should be out in September if all it good ^_^

yours works differently to mine i could be out before you technically ;) you cant come out till september can you? i can come out as soon as i finnish college and nvq :D but only started my nvq this week, and need to do alot of HINT HINT ;)

I'm there next week too :)

I've seen you in both Alva and Henry, Henry was bens old lupo wasn't it? He lives up the road from me :)

Indeedy it was.

I take better care of it than he ever did though ;)

yours works differently to mine i could be out before you technically ;) you cant come out till september can you? i can come out as soon as i finnish college and nvq :D but only started my nvq this week, and need to do alot of HINT HINT ;)

Technically I could as I've finished my learning plan ie college and NVQ but we have to do 6 months of competences from March - September before being upgraded to full pay :(

NVQ is a piece of piss - you'll do it within a month or so!

I work at Rolls-Royce.

Used to be at the Ansty site but my department moved to Warwick.

The apprentice application is open until this Friday so if you want to apply then do it now lol.

I'd recommend applying at Derby (where Pat is) as its more secure as I'm sure you've heard Ansty has just cut about 350 jobs.

I would also recommend the BMW apprenticeship at Hams Hall which my boyfriend is currently on, or even Alstom in Rugby.

All of the applications end in the next few weeks/months so if you are serious about doing an apprenticeship you need to get applying now ^_^

I work 7-3 so I'm only driving around at silly hours with the occasional trip to ASDA lol.

I better update the CV then, haven't done that in about 2 years :P thanks for the help though, better get my arse in gear!

It's all good - if you need any help just message me on here or Facebook :)

I'll have to make an effort to drive around more so you can spot me lol!

might email you at work so i look important with emails ha!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to update this for a while.

Should be getting a new cam belt on Wednesday which will complete all the new bits required (minus paint, oil, coolant etc).

Finally got round to cleaning some bits up.

I forgot to get a before picture but this was after rinsing from the first wash

08B32A1C-5AF9-4533-80B2-2F0E5A470364-880

And this is after a bit of scrubbing with the wire brush

C762B0D7-D74B-484B-83EB-B116DCF981AF-880

It's getting there, just need a smaller brush so I can get into all the little gaps ^_^

I'm still really undecided as to paint.

The boyfriend thinks that the block should be white with the rocker cover in turquoise but I'm thinking the opposite...

I should of really took some better photos so that I could fiddle around with photoshop :\

Got the last part needed for the rebuild :)

A8C4A75E-3FF1-4D79-96D3-7AB03A746E05-114

And a nice present for when Alva's back together again...

E9C2BE4A-2C53-4B3B-8851-E7F4E373E17A-114

Just waiting to get the head back which should be in the next few weeks, plus going to start getting things painted soon too ^_^

So a little update:

I decided to start on the engine bay this weekend - it was unbelievably dirty!

DA205189-C212-4301-960F-CD844DF743C5-220

846E2CD2-10E9-4B9E-ACF1-4498FB99EAA6-220

Finished taking everything apart/out before cleaning

7CD3EA89-D87D-4991-B8B1-764A9E82AD55-220

And this is the progress so far (I had to call it a day as my fingers were about to drop off!)

E0570957-FD5E-4FF8-A4E0-74FA9CDC7A1E-220

604F4BB1-4FE2-4790-8BD4-E80BABCDA18D-220

Got a long way to go as its all the tough dirt and grime left but ill get stuck in again this weekend ^_^