Alva - New engine and more paint problems

Amber_Nunny

Thanks James ^_^

Yeah she's got a home, lovely garage just for her!

Really hoping to get her running before the new year so that I've got time to sort all the little details out ready for show season :)

alright for some ;) and yer i booked my ultimate dubs ticket the other night so mine now must be ready!

Edited by patroddy

I'm going to try for show and shine, I've sent them an e-mail asking about the deadline and they've said that entries need to be in by the end of Feb so I've got some time to get everything looking perfect :)

• Like 1

The Lupo is coming on great Amber, seats look right at home, should definitely apply for UD! :thumbsup:

Thanks Emz, I can't wait to get all of the door cards on etc so it's all complete ^_^

I'll definitely apply, I'm just never sure what to write about along with the pictures...I feel stupid just listing things!

Edited by Amber_Nunny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So since coming off the road at the end of September 2012, Alva is now finally running again!

Very chuffed! ^_^

She'll be having a good wash this week and then moving to my new house next weekend!

I'll make sure that I post up photos! :)

So since coming off the road at the end of September 2012, Alva is now finally running again!

Very chuffed! ^_^

She'll be having a good wash this week and then moving to my new house next weekend!

I'll make sure that I post up photos! :)

Yay! glad shes all working again amber! Hope to see it at some shows this year!

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Craig :) I'm hoping to go to a few in the summer.

So today Alva moved over to my new house and actually drove on the road for the first time in about 16 months, so happy to have her running again! Can't wait to get all the little finishing touches added before the summer and then get to some shows! ^_^

• Like 1

Yesterday Alva had her first proper wash in a very long time however, this has made me realise that paint has reacted on the whole car...I mean every single panel :\

Pissed off isn't even the word to describe it...I was finally getting there and now it needs another full respray.

Doesn't show up well on photos but:

roofrear_zpsef0a669d.jpg

bonnet2_zpsc2f44a1b.jpg

Edited by Amber_Nunny

So the rocker cover is now back off my engine and I'm replacing all of the lash adjusters as we couldn't get rid of the tapping...

Once Alva is again running she will be going back to get her second full respray - hopefully no problems this time!

I was hoping to make it to early edition but it doesn't look like I will :(

On a happier note I've decided to go UD with my camera and get some nice pictures, hoping to see lots of little Lupos there! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much! ^_^

Its nice for someone to appreciate the amount of work gone into her to get her this far - still more to come!

The boyfriend fitted my new tappets which has fixed the extremely tappy engine so I'm very happy, Alva now runs like a proper car.

So today I tested out my new present - snow foam!! :)

DSC_0436_zpsb2a3b0b4.jpg

DSC_0437_zps7951a000.jpg

DSC_0434_zpsfb1c190b.jpg

And the final results - nice and shiny!

DSC_0439_zpsecaa3fba.jpg

I can't wait for her to go back in for paint, get the wheels on and finish off putting everything, hopefully won't be too long now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So as the car is insured again from tomorrow, I thought it was about time to give the wheels a polish (which the boyfriend did) happy.png

Before

DSC_0468_zps9c5c7571.jpg

After

DSC_0474_zps6fbdaab3.jpg

Now its time to get some longer wheel bolts, centre caps and tyres!

Edited by Amber_Nunny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...