Alva - New engine and more paint problems

Amber_Nunny

I think about shafts and boys toys all the time ;) comes with working in the shafts department :P ...

Back to cars :) don't we all think white is just the worst colour producedits for meer pessants

Guest Kristoffer

Man you must be new or something im the best man herd that in a music video and rolls is the nickname for the car and rolls yeah tuna rolls and you must really love boys toys and white i great colour

So today I finally got round to fitting my pop outs!

IMG_0991.jpg

Got the pro in ;)

IMG_0992.jpg

Ewwwwww dirtyyyyyyy!

Realised after removing my back windows that I was without tints so had to take my fronts off too!

Hours of scrubbing... :rant:

Kinda looks weird...:ermm:

Gave the whole car a good clean for GTI Inters tomorrow! (Beautiful Iphone quality photos.... :censored: )

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Hope to see many of you tomorrow!

I will be in the bear hat, as usual ^_^

im unsure as to whether i like it without tints :P the tints made the white stand out more, but without the tints it looks cleaner ... :P tough choice

Guest Kristoffer

I have to agree with pat the tinted window's gave it that slight edge but it looks good with both and the plus side is you can now see out your back window the only thing i don't like about this car is that i don't own it good work amber

• Like 1

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I think the tints will go back in but maybe not quite as dark ^_^

Just may be a while until they get redone as I have quite a few outgoings on the project car for the next few months.

Was a bit disappointed with GTI International today :\

Hopefully I'll find some nice photos though!

Okay so I've finally come to the realization that my wheels need stripping down and need some serious attention... :mellow:

When the car comes off the road to get the engine sorted I'm going to strip the wheels and try to salvage the dishes if possible!

I'm really hoping that my black bolts stay black too...I'm a bit scared that taking them out will remove the paint off the heads!

I really can't afford to have them stripped, painted and diamond cut so I'm just going to polish up the dishes and faces as best as I can and just hope that they come out okay.

However, if anyone would like to donate to the wheel restoration fund then feel free :innocent:

Until mid September nothing much is going on but hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a smooth running engine again, and I'll be sure to flood this thread with many many photos throughout the strip and build!

I'm most excited about getting my engine out and finally getting a chance to clean!!

^_^

Edited by Amber_Nunny

Have the wheels been lacquered over the diamond cut Amber? if they are then they'll have to have that stripped before polishing. Oh and if you put cling film over the bolts before you put the socket on, they won't be scratched :)

Have the wheels been lacquered over the diamond cut Amber? if they are then they'll have to have that stripped before polishing. Oh and if you put cling film over the bolts before you put the socket on, they won't be scratched :)

Yeah they have but I was hoping I'd be able to do something without them being stripped :\

Nice handy tip ;) tar!

Edit:

Getting the dishes stripped and was hoping to do something with the barrells, might have to try sanding the lacquer... :\

Unless anyone can recommend someone that does diamond cutting and cheap? Haha

Edited by Amber_Nunny

Not a lot that can be done then really other than a refurb, you can try standard paint polish (Megs UC etc) which may give the outer surface a better shine. But its often discolouration between the lacquer and the metal which makes them look bad. If i was you, id be saving up and speaking to the legend that is Mike the Polisher. http://www.the-polisher.com/

Okay so I've finally come to the realization that my wheels need stripping down and need some serious attention... :mellow:

When the car comes off the road to get the engine sorted I'm going to strip the wheels and try to salvage the dishes if possible!

I'm really hoping that my black bolts stay black too...I'm a bit scared that taking them out will remove the paint off the heads!

I really can't afford to have them stripped, painted and diamond cut so I'm just going to polish up the dishes and faces as best as I can and just hope that they come out okay.

However, if anyone would like to donate to the wheel restoration fund then feel free :innocent:

Until mid September nothing much is going on but hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a smooth running engine again, and I'll be sure to flood this thread with many many photos throughout the strip and build!

I'm most excited about getting my engine out and finally getting a chance to clean!!

^_^

cough cough not enough money i know how much you earn and im jealous :P so i shall be donating a grand some of errm nothing, i might be nice and buy you a cuppa in derby ;) lol thats it :P

but you should have more money when henry is on the road and you rack up the mpg

I know, you don't have to talk to me about being skint, my RMs are being used as a bedside cabinet :/

Haha I know that feeling!

I've got a set a tyres as a bedside table - snazzy ;)

cough cough not enough money i know how much you earn and im jealous :P so i shall be donating a grand some of errm nothing, i might be nice and buy you a cuppa in derby ;) lol thats it :P

but you should have more money when henry is on the road and you rack up the mpg

Money doesn't go far :(

I'm looking forward to my 18th, hopefully some kind family will give me some money! Haha.

Anyway, I don't know what your complaining about, Derby apprentices earn more money than me! :(

Oh and I'll hold you to that cuppa next time I come over ^_^

Money doesn't go far :(

I'm looking forward to my 18th, hopefully some kind family will give me some money! Haha.

i know that well thursday morning i woke up with £176 left -.- and that was payday :P

Anyway, I don't know what your complaining about, Derby apprentices earn more money than me! :(

i get less than you did in your first year, and next years get even less than us :P so it sucks

Oh and I'll hold you to that cuppa next time I come over ^_^

wont be costa like i cant even afford that :P will only be a 35p vending machine ;)

i get less than you did in your first year, and next years get even less than us :P so it sucks

How come?

wont be costa like i cant even afford that :P will only be a 35p vending machine ;)

Cheap lovely person!

It should be a special occasion worth splashing out for! ;)

I've messaged a few places regarding diamond cutting but I have a feeling it's going to be pricey, and I can't justify that amount of money being spent on RMs...I should just get some RS'

How come?

well theyve just build the new academy and taking on over 200 apprentices i think so theyre tight on money its only like 9500 instead of my 9738

Cheap lovely person!

It should be a special occasion worth splashing out for! ;)

;) well what can i say ;p it might just be a cup of water from the cooler after that :P

GET RS :D

Edited by patroddy