Electrical Loom - Driver Door - Fire

steve200

Hello,

Wont go into details at this point. But the electric window and central locking switch melted today. I went to get in the car and it was full of smoke and the door card was on fire. Lucky I went to the car or I wouldnt have the lupo now.

Anyway I had to disconnect battery, rip door card off and pull loom to cut back to where the wires were still covered as they were all melted to stop any shorts within the door.

Question, as I have not had chance to look, is the loom for the doors all one piece with the main loom or is it on connection blocks in the door shuts or behind the dash?

Thanks

thats a price for just the door loom as jamie said id try a scrapyard but check thouroughly the 6 inches from the door plug as they stretch and crack causing shorts and the switch section

it should have a twist fitting where the door meets the a pillar

Not on a Lupo or Arosa. The door loom runs from the door through a rubber grommet and into the car down into the side of the footwell. The connectors for the drivers door are located behind the plastic cover that the bonnet release handle sits in.

There are 3 plugs for the loom, Lupos without central locking and electric windows only have 1 plug.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys. Much appreciated.

I had a company valet the interior as the seats were looking slightly worn. And I'm guessing the fire was due to water somewhere around the bonnet release as the carpets were still damp after they carried out the valet.

Gutted, but hopefully it will be an easy fix and no other part further along the loom is damaged.

Cheers

sounds more likely the window switch filled with water otherwise it would have started at the bonnet release the valeters did this to my mates but luckily he left it long enough for all the switches to dry out it migh be worth getting a de-humidifier

• 6 years later...
On 13/07/2010 at 6:16 PM, jon_273 said:

Not on a Lupo or Arosa. The door loom runs from the door through a rubber grommet and into the car down into the side of the footwell. The connectors for the drivers door are located behind the plastic cover that the bonnet release handle sits in.

There are 3 plugs for the loom, Lupos without central locking and electric windows only have 1 plug.

Thanks Jon_273 that really helped me out