"You owe me a ten second car"

nfbr

According to Wikipedia, the Mk3 VR6 can do a 1/4 mile drag run in 10.5 seconds...

The VR6-engined version accelerated from 0–60 mph (0–97 km/h) in 7.1 seconds' date=' posting a record 10.5 1/4-mile time at 90.5 mph.[/quote']

Ref: Wiki VW Golf

WTF? lol.

452639.gif

"I see a cool air intake. Its got a Nos fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC controller. It has direct-port nitrous injection. Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars."

:lol:

We call them belly buttons round here.

They all run 220bhp from a remap and fmic too, rolling roaded on the moon, obviously. They all get there arses handed to them by a piece of crap red golf vr6 too funnily enough!

Whenever they get beat, they've went into limp mode cos of the n75 valve too.

And after driving one it's one of the worst clutch/gearbox setups I've ever experienced, oh and the dashboard, the driving position, Jesus Christ on a bike... Awful, awful awful!!

We call them belly buttons round here.

They all run 220bhp from a remap and fmic too, rolling roaded on the moon, obviously. They all get there arses handed to them by a piece of crap red golf vr6 too funnily enough!

Whenever they get beat, they've went into limp mode cos of the n75 valve too.

And after driving one it's one of the worst clutch/gearbox setups I've ever experienced, oh and the dashboard, the driving position, Jesus Christ on a bike... Awful, awful awful!!

LOL! that peice of sh*t engine fitted to the Mk3 ibiza cupras barely does 190bhp with a Stage 1 remap! to get much more than 200bhp not only do they require an intercooler, they also need a KO3s or better turbo, a better downpipe and exhaust system and some sort of an intake kit, then a custom map!

I went to a rolling road day with some people from seat cupra.net and all the Mk3 ibizas were coming out with really toss power figures after they spent so long bragging about their power levels lol.

Unfortunately they are the chavs way into the VW scene. The ones round our way all got rolling roaded on a very optimistic set of rollers!

People think they are a cheap way to big bhp but if you want Evo scaring bhp you still need to rebuild that engine for a massive amount of money. Pretty sure the Ibiza lump still has the old 80s designed KR rods?

Yeah, the ibiza block is as primative as the 20vT comes! I'm pretty sure they were actually a Volkswagen Production reject! Initially planned to be used in the Golfs, but not good enough!

It's an even older design than the AGU's in the 1998-2000 Golfs!

that's a bit of a beast. the size difference in the front and rear rubber looks comical.

Your not wrong , its tasty .

• 3 weeks later...