painting my gti

g60greeny

could doo we some help guys an gals

im going to be painting my gti soon,so im looking for some guides/info on removal of various parts ive tried searching for help but with no luck really,think i found the front bumper removal which confused me a tad :)

so i was thinkin i would need to remove the following parts

front bumper

rear bumper

front wings

door seals

door handles

ariel

anything else?

front wings just unbolt from the chassis - think there's three bolts along the top edge one on the front edge and one in the door hinge recess.

door aperture seals just pull off - as for the seals on the doors themselves - I'm not sure about the felt-type stuff around the upper door edges.

ariel unscrews and then you'll need to drop the rear of the headliner down to access the securing bolt on the underside. simple as that

best bet would be to get yourself a copy of ELSAWIN.

Dude to do a proper job you need to strip everything off it, the best way to work it out is to take a look at the part and get to it with your tools, I don't think I have ever looked at 'instructions' on how to take bits off like bumpers, wings, seals etc.... do they exist?

Just take a look at how the part is held on and undo the fixings, make sure you remember how it goes though so you can fit it back up ;)

It's pretty straight forward once you have started stripping it down :)

My project thread may help you out a bit. It's not a Gti but most of the bits will fix on the same, take a look as I have put loads of pictures up and you should be able to spot the fixing points on most of the bits and bodywork.

My project

:)