Engine Converted Lupos

CasperGTI

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I own and built a Lupo GTI with a 1.9 TDI LUMP AND 6 SPEED.

Paz, you're a tool. You keep posting the same crap everywhere.

People may care about the car but you're a tool so nobody gives a toss, give over already.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok Iv looked at all the engine conversations on the thread.

Most are 1.8t. Which makes a lot of sence to do.

But what are they like to drive after its been done? Are they very front heavy? Handling ok?

I would love to do this to my lupo but also want to keep it light with a nice weight distribution

A few alternative ideas others have mentioned to me are :-

Fit a full bike engine - either keep as front wheel drive. Or rear mount the engine and make rear wheel drive.

Or look at other small engines with turbos rather then 1.8t. Some thing like a r5 gtt engine. Still 1.4 but turbo'd

I may get a lot of backlash as not vag etc. but ideas people have given me and just seeing if any ones done this before or similar

• Like 1

I Find mine ok to drive - just easy to spin up - but that's expected right? lol!

I haven't done anything special to it as far as the set up goes but it doesn't seem front heavy at all.

I have heard a front ARB is a massive investment.

Cheers for that

Yeah would expect a lot of wheel slip I guess.

Iv got my own garage. But never taken on a big project like an engine swap other then direct swap ones.

Would like to get my lupo over 150 / 200 bhp and keep it nice and light

But try and keep outgoing low by doing a lot myself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a 2litre 8v mk4 golf engine laying around, ive been seeing some of these build threads, they look a ballache, but has anyone got any info for me with the looms? which driveshafts could i run or would i have to get some new ones cut and rewelded to suit? forever wishing to drop it in my mk1 arosa -.-

i wouldnt bother tbh the 2.0 8v golf engine has got to be one of the worst ever made, under powered and no torque if your gonna do a swap you need an engine worth the effort theres a reason nobody has done it before, youd be better off using a lupo/polo gti engine

i wouldnt bother tbh the 2.0 8v golf engine has got to be one of the worst ever made, under powered and no torque if your gonna do a swap you need an engine worth the effort theres a reason nobody has done it before, youd be better off using a lupo/polo gti engine

im not about the power though im only rocking a 1litre and motorways are killing me, and i was told the polo gti engine loom had to be cut and splined? what about the 100bhp lupo engine ?

• 3 months later...