would an rx7 engine fit in a lupo

lankys lupo

Of course it could fit, with serious modification.

Not a particularly good engine though. Heavy (for what they are) and expensive to maintain and tune.

There is a reason why more and more RX7's have LSX based engines in them. Even more impressive, the LSX engines are just as light as a rotary!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And YOU know that none of those who replied knows if it can be made to fit?

Yes. Because nobody on here has an RX7 powered Lupo or Arosa, therefore nobody has experience of the work required to make it fit.

Q.E.D.

But that doesn't mean it can't be done.

what a tool you are!

Id be proud of that , only 18 posts ever made and he took time out of his day to make it public his views of you.

Id be proud of that , only 18 posts ever made and he took time out of his day to make it public his views of you.

LOL!

Talk about judging a book by it's cover!

At least I read the first few pages before making my judgement ;) Making me less of a Tool than him!

Logic - It gives an answer for everything! :)

Well yeah, that's been there for near on 8 months...

But why does it make a mockery?

I'm not member of the year 2009 because 'new people' like me...

I'm member of the year because I consistently hand out an evenly distributed amount of knowledgeable advice, sarcastic abuse and a boat load of honesty!

My two cars:

14072010179.jpg

Same engine in the cosmo as a rx-7, only 4 inches longer, but same width and height. Both my EYES and my tape measure says that a 13b-rew engine from a fd rx-7 don't fit in the Lupo, but hey what do I know? I haven't actually TRIED to fit it in... Right?

Then you can have some more pics :P

14072010176.jpg

14072010177.jpg

14072010178.jpg

14072010181.jpg

14072010180.jpg

The lower red line marks the space needed for the pulleys, and as you would have to mount it transversely in a fwd Lupo, even this space in longer than the length of the engine bay, never mind the space needed marked by the upper red line, which is the space needed for the turbos on one side, and the spark plugs on the other side. The oil filter sits even longer out than the end of the red line, forgot to take that into account. So please anyone who wants to do this conversion, please film it and upload on youtube, I bet we all will learn a lot new swearwords we didn't even know about :D

Yeah, cause if fits sooo good longitudaly in a engine bay half the length. Might as well fit a 7 liter Chevrolet LS7 V8 then, cause that fits in a RX7 fd3s engine bay. And its a breeze making a Lupo RWD, with the engine halfway under the dash, and gearbox behind it. Wouldn't need a driveshaft though, the rear diff would fit right on the end of the gearbox :D

Happy building! :D