Lupo Vandalised

RedVillan

My Lupo got vandalised 2 nights ago, the little sh*ts ripped off petrol cover over, smashed off the drivers door mirror, scrached all around the car and scratched the words SHAME C*NT on the passenger side rear panel and burst the two rear tyres still don't know how they did that no obvious cuts?. Why o why do we have sh*ts like this.

after all the work I did on it last year and the insurance company said it may be a write off and they do not sell write offs back!!! :(

Photo's here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=233441&id=772776288

had my car keyed about 4 years ago to say i was pissed was an understatement you have my sympathy fella

Gutted for you. I hope that they catch the scrotes that did this.

I'd guess the most expensive part to fix would be the paintwork, all the rest of it is fairly easily replaceable. With your tyres i'd check they still have valves in them, might just need them pumping up again, you never know, failing that you'll hear the hiss of air escapign if they've nailed/needled them. Driver's door mirror can be replaced as a unit with one from a scrappy, probably the same with the fuel cap.

Probably best to take it to a local bodyshop to see how much it'd be to get the scratches done, i can't tell from the pics but it doesn't look too deep.

You should be able to pick up a spare petrol cover and mirror from a breaker or on here.

Tyres; you should be able to get some part worns or budget.

I would check around the back street body shops for a quote on a quick tidy up. It's a flat red so they shouldn't have too much problems matching.

Have you thought about approaching your local college to see if they require any cars to carry out body repairs? May have to wait until sept. now though.

Worst case is to fix the tyres and mirror and maybe 'rattle can' the scratches and drive it "as is".

I'm not sure how old you are or how much NCB you have, but it may be cheaper fixing it yourself rather than losing your car and your NCB.

Good luck!

as said it shouldnt be too much for a blow over with it not being metalic, and tyres and other parts can all be sourced cheap.

i feel for ya mate some lads smashed my old corsa up a few years ago an put windscreen thru an pissed on it, theres some pricks about.

Really sorry to hear about this mate, hope they get what's coming to them. There's absolutely no point in doing this.

OMG!!!

This is mindless vandalism i hate people that do it....Had all of my cars key'd at one point outside my mums house. It was a s**tbag up the road and i saw him keying my mums car the night after...BUT this time i chased him in my PJ's shouted for my brother to "get the f**k up" and finally caught him got him done for criminal damage!! yay me!

Have you reported this to the police there maybe simular crimes in the area? Any CCTV near by? If you report it and get a URN number and give it to the insurance company it usually helps with claiming.

Good Luck Anways!

Damage to that degree is rarely done on a random car.

Yeah was gonna say, sounds like you've pissed someone off! Especially with the message on the car too.

Try ebay and scrappys for the mirror and petrol cap, and if you can afford to get it painted I would consider finding a garage nearby to keep it in. Not only is it safer but your insurance should drop too.

had my car keyed couple of years ago, paid £800 to get it sprayed and 6 months later they done it again:(i had pissed someone off :(

good luck sorting it out, im sure someone will do you a nice deal if cash is involved

Well the insurance company said it was beyond eco repair so I have cancelled the claim and noww looking for the parts and the little sh*t bags that did it. I have racked my brains and p*ssed no-one off this the third car to be done in our street in a week. :(

Well the insurance company said it was beyond eco repair so I have cancelled the claim and noww looking for the parts and the little sh*t bags that did it. I have racked my brains and p*ssed no-one off this the third car to be done in our street in a week. :(

I'm amazed no-one heard anything!

I'm amazed no-one heard anything!

So are we, we had the bedroom window open on the night it happened and the car was right under that. a couple of us in the street have set up some 'cctv' to watch the street so you never know we might catch them in the act .

Cctv is pretty pointless now , unless you get a really clear shot of there faces then its really hard to prosecute on .

What parts are you needing , I bet people have bits lying about that they might send for postage costs

unbalievable!!!!! really shocking what people can do!

they obviously dont have anything in life that they care about otherwise they wouldnt do such a thing

really really sorry for u :(

Edited by Verity

Cctv is pretty pointless now , unless you get a really clear shot of there faces then its really hard to prosecute on .

What parts are you needing , I bet people have bits lying about that they might send for postage costs

Who said the CCTV was going to be used to prosecute them. (I'm a 18 stone ex-boxer :angry: ) I only need one more part and that is the fuel filler Flap. ;)

Who said the CCTV was going to be used to prosecute them. (I'm a 18 stone ex-boxer :angry: ) I only need one more part and that is the fuel filler Flap. ;)

Glad you're nearly sorted. It's a pity you didn't get a chance to issue some summary justice but the sad thing is it would be you that ended up in front of the beaks.