VW Type 2 Pick Up and Panel Van (3DS Max)

DarkStryder360

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

42711519.jpg

Added the Radio Flyer Trikeyyy

68328948.jpg

And HDRI test shot. Fluke that it looks reasonably realistic! :lol:

Also got round to testing out a few textures. Came out a million times better than I could have expected :wacko:

28445028.jpg

36662784.jpg

And noticed the floating smoothies of doom on this render, lame!

51984513.jpg

Edited by DarkStryder360
  • Like 1

Dude these are awesome... however having a job working in the Air Cooled world as I do can I mention.....

The rear lights need to be more round at the top and bottom, they are not as square as you have them, the wing mirrors clamp onto the arms so you should carry the arm up to the centre of the round mirror, the back window looks too big so if you make it shorter it will be spot on and on the blue one with the black staining on the vents, you wouldnt get anything coming out of the top set as these just vent the rear van area, the lower ones are for the cooling of the engine ;)

Just a few bit's my ocd noticed while looking through so don't take that list as bad stuff, they are just bit's I know are wrong to the real thing so noticed them :(

I think these 'drawings' you do are frigging cool! You should do a crew cab and a samba to complete the line up B)

Then move on to the Bay Windows......

(and there should be side doors too :D ) haha!

Edited by stealthie

Amazing!! :shades:

Cheers dude.

That is pretty cool! Well done on an amazing job.

Cheers man, getting used to this shibizzle alot more now.

Dude these are awesome... however having a job working in the Air Cooled world as I do can I mention.....

The rear lights need to be more round at the top and bottom, they are not as square as you have them, the wing mirrors clamp onto the arms so you should carry the arm up to the centre of the round mirror, the back window looks too big so if you make it shorter it will be spot on and on the blue one with the black staining on the vents, you wouldnt get anything coming out of the top set as these just vent the rear van area, the lower ones are for the cooling of the engine ;)

Just a few bit's my ocd noticed while looking through so don't take that list as bad stuff, they are just bit's I know are wrong to the real thing so noticed them :(

I think these 'drawings' you do are frigging cool! You should do a crew cab and a samba to complete the line up B)

Then move on to the Bay Windows......

(and there should be side doors too :D ) haha!

This is what I need to hear, as a fellow OCD man! I always knew I would muck up parts that arent my own car so its good to hear what to do to it to make it right. :D

The rear lights were just made simply to create the shape of the light and was by no means final as the lights on 3D models take so long to render to look decent I never got round to sorting it out ha. The wing mirrors I just copied from a rat look Camper and was in the same place so I dunno' what to change lol.

And the vent stains are retarded, just a weird feck up with the texture when I rendered it, I don't know how to change it, but I kinda like it, doesn't make it look so clean. I wasnt planing on doing a bay because there are a fair few of those around on the net, plus I ain't really a fan of them, much prefer these styles. Also I agree, a Crew Cab is needed!

As for the doors, I was going to make them, but then I knew I would get carried away and make an interior, which would rack up the poly count/detail too much!

Cheers for the comments, and I will get to sorting the lights and the rear window, that did bug me for some reason, now I know why! :lol:

that awesome m8 looks absolutely amazing

Really nice

Cheers both of ya's.

Can you do me a high res version of this without the stuff on the roof rack?

I need a new wallpaper on my laptop and this is wicked :)

Cheers for the compliment, its as if I am famous with it being on someones background ha!

Hi Res link bellooooww:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4753/hires.jpg

If anyone would recommend anything to do to the Panel next, rims or what to put on the rack, would be cool. B)

Glad you didnt take offence to my comments! :)

The mirrors have a ball just off centre on the back of them, then you have a two piece clamp which grips round the arm and the ball to clamp the mirror on the arm at the needed height... just make the arm go up to a little bit off centre of the back of the mirror and it will be in the right place ;)

You could do the doors shut... then they will just be outlines with a handle on? they don't have windows on a panel van.

The late Splits have a big rear window but the early ones have a much shorter one.

I'll let you off on the vents :D

This is our website, I've linked you to the mirror page so you can see the mirror, arm and clamp ;)

Clicky,clicky

Edited by stealthie

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you didnt take offence to my comments! :)

The mirrors have a ball just off centre on the back of them, then you have a two piece clamp which grips round the arm and the ball to clamp the mirror on the arm at the needed height... just make the arm go up to a little bit off centre of the back of the mirror and it will be in the right place ;)

You could do the doors shut... then they will just be outlines with a handle on? they don't have windows on a panel van.

The late Splits have a big rear window but the early ones have a much shorter one.

I'll let you off on the vents :D

This is our website, I've linked you to the mirror page so you can see the mirror, arm and clamp ;)

Clicky,clicky

I would start the doors then get carried away as I would want it looking cool as frick! Lol. If I get back to it I will have a play around.

As with the mirrors, just copied a Rat looked Splitty lol.

I thought you might like to see this...

;)

Screenshot.png

Haha very nice! Suits it.

• 6 months later...

It is alive!

Spent the day unwrapping it, so I can now give it designs. Here is my initial thought for it. May just leave it finished with this design actually...

daihatsu2.jpg

daihatsu.jpg

Noisy renders because I cant be assed to do proper ones (on old slow PC)

Edited by DarkStryder360