lupo rear gti spoiler fitment....

morshead

I,ve bean offered a Lupo GTI Rear Spoiler that mounts onto the top of the rear tailgate, my partner has a 2002 standard lupo. Do the GTI Rear Spoiler fit all Lupo's ? Will the Breaklight plug into the existing plug and is it quite easy to fit ?? Many thanks....

It will fit, but you may find the spoiler fouls the aeriel when the hatch is opened. GTI and later Lupos aeriel base is further forward.

Not sure when the 'change' was made.

I've got the Lupo GTI spoiler on my Arosa. It fitted into the orignal boot brake light but I paid for it to be fitted properly as there are other holes to be drilled. Only cost £20 at the body shop to fit it! And I have a stubby aerial so it only bends slightly :)

HTH

I thought they all changed when the GTI was released, so 2001 onwards?

yer must be, the stubby aerial thats on it now doesnt catch much at all. even with the longer aerial it didnt do any damage to the spoiler, just the rubber on the aerial perished, so nothing to worry about really! :)

• 2 weeks later...

mines an x reg but early in the year as its got the old dash board but my aerial is pushed forward , my mate on the other hand had also got an x reg but with the new dash with the hazard triangle therefore assuming his is newer but his aerial is stil pushed back and fouls on his spoiler when he opens his boot . just a bit confused as to why mine is pushed forward when its older . do u think it may have anything to do with the fact mines a sport ?

mine is a sport aswell, with the aerial further back hitting the spoiler. and also this is the dash (the only photo i have at the moment):

DSC00179Large.jpg

dont know if this is the older or newer one. :wacko:

Edited by ministig

mine is a sport aswell, with the aerial further back hitting the spoiler. and also this is the dash (the only photo i have at the moment):

DSC00179Large.jpg

dont know if this is the older or newer one. :wacko:

thats the newer one