Service indicator flashing, what does it mean?

Hi,

The dashboard is flashing intermittently 'service INSP' and then changing to 'service miles 1150.4' Does this mean it is overdue a service by 1150.4 miles or does it mean it has covered 1150.4 miles since the last service?

I want to give it a service anyway having just bought it so how would I go about resetting the service indicator once I have done the service?

Thanks in advance.

It's basically saying it thinks that it's due for a service, the interval is set for every year/10k miles.

It displays the service insp for a while, then switches back to your trip mileage, but leaves the service light on.

As for resetting, as Defcon5 has said above, the button being the trip reset button.

Again, thanks for the help guys, just went and bought everything I need to give it a service.

Out of interest, where is the service light? As I can't see any service light on the dash even though the display is implying it needs a service.

Again, thanks for the help guys, just went and bought everything I need to give it a service.

Out of interest, where is the service light? As I can't see any service light on the dash even though the display is implying it needs a service.

There is no light per se, it's just that little bit on the lcd odometer that says service. Nothing as fancy as say the bmw system where it has different coloured lights for how close you are for a service.