Modified car insurance

Golf+sezza

Apart from Adrian Flux which I'd prefer to steer away from, can anyone else recommend a decent insurance company that covers modified cars and not at stupid rates? (e.g Lupo GTI)

Cheers :coffee:

Admiral seem to be ok with mods, it was only an extra £60 to insure my coilovers and induction kit. Although struggling to get anything less than £1000 fully comp at 20 (1 year NCB).

Yeah currently with Admiral, but did you know that they charge you for telling them that you've modded your car, then they charge you again on top to cover those parts?! It's true, they told me!

Secondly, they will only cover for £500 mods tops, so that's £500 overall, not per part. The sum of the parts I have on my car already goes over that.

Is there a thirdly? Oh yes, they don't ask for proof so they can see how much that mod has actually cost you, so I asked what happens if you need to claim and they said they'd go by receipts - but they didn't know what would happen if you bought some refurbed wheels off a mate on a forum and don't have such a thing...

As for Adrian Flux, always found them to have loads of hidden costs, admin charges, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tried Brentacre and they were the most expensive at £439, then Greenlight at £397, so I've gone for Sky Insurance at £395. Never heard of them before until a mate told me his E36 BMW drifter was insured with them...

Edited by Golf+sezza

Never had any problems with Adrian Flux they've been the cheapest for the last 2 years running so far, quoting £440 for mine with 16" alloys, Coilovers and a Dashmount dvd/satnav which covers the speakers i fitted in the door cards too. The only thing i have discovered with them is if you pay monthly they rip you off with the apr. there expecting me to pay 43% which is a joke. slapping it on the credit card as its less than half the apr! although will be contacting Brentacre following some advice from here.

Edited by Matt_Matt