Just put a deposit down on a Lupo :)

Goliath

Hi all,

Managed to find a nice Lupo for my girlfriend so we went over to Cardiff today to put a deposit down on it.

Its a 1999 Blue 1.4 E (thats an 8v yeah?) with 106k miles on the clock. It's having a new MOT put on it before we pick it up at the weekend :)

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1203899158

16v, no such thing as an 8v 1400 lupo, have you checked it over properly?

Ah cool, thats good news about it being 16v, 75bhp?

Haven't seen it yet as it is in the bodyshop having a scratch painted, I will make sure at the weekend to check nothing else has been covered up. Also I made sure they wrote on the deposit receipt that as I haven't seen it yet I can get my deposit back if I'm not happy with it when I look over it at the weekend.

Apart from the usual, what should I be looking for? Any particular rust spots or anything to check?

pedal box failure, the lug that the cable passes through above the pedal snaps off, check pedals are level ish, rust along roof guttering mainly to the rear, smoking on start up /backpressure, the engines are prone to the afore mentioned faults

Thanks for the advice guys, will make sure to check the pedal box and all the other little things. I read on here about the gearboxes being a common fault aswell so will make sure to have a good feel and listen to that when I test drive it.

I'm guessing the cigarette lighter will be an easy fix anyway. Which bit of the bonnet catch? the bit inside the car that releases it or the bit under the bonnet that you release with your fingers?