What BHP should this be?

Milly

Hello,

Wondering if you could put a figure on this for me.

Performance pannel filter, 4-2-1 raceland manifold, sports cat, full scorpion cat back system and a remap.

BHP and torque figures if anyone knows?? what other easyish mods are there that can give good gains??

Thanks alot - Andrew

Ive dreamt of pulling one of those off , i can do flying omaplatas, armbars and triangles though :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Pub figures you say though , im going to slap mine out on the table for a measure and say 155 bhp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by scotty_82

Richie you missed the grapplefit north east grappling comp , it was a dam good event.

Dan on here got 135 or 137 and that was with out a remap... decated though, not sports cat. increase in torque to

Ive been told that a de-cat looses too much back pressure and reduces the torque... so a sports cat is better??

Thanks - Andrew

Not really to do with 'back pressure', that's just something that gets banded around by people who know nothing about exhausts (most of the time).

You'll more than likely lose torque, that's correct.

Sports cats can be better than the standard item. It depends which sports cat.

Not really to do with 'back pressure', that's just something that gets banded around by people who know nothing about exhausts (most of the time).

You'll more than likely lose torque, that's correct.

Sports cats can be better than the standard item. It depends which sports cat.

Why will you lose torque then if its nothing to do with back pressure and is less of a restriction? Just out of interest?

Ive been told that a de-cat looses too much back pressure and reduces the torque... so a sports cat is better??

Thanks - Andrew

People on here say that you will loose torque. Dan and mark who have both had decats will argue that you dont

Dan has a graph to prove it too :P

People on here say that you will loose torque. Dan and mark who have both had decats will argue that you dont

Dan has a graph to prove it too :P

Lose torque where? 99% of decatted small N/A engines with minimal mods will lose mid range torque which is where it's needed.

I have experience of larger engines (1.8's and 2.0's) and they've all lost some mid range but gained higher up.

Lose torque where? 99% of decatted small N/A engines with minimal mods will lose mid range torque which is where it's needed.

I have experience of larger engines (1.8's and 2.0's) and they've all lost some mid range but gained higher up.

Duno where lol

I know nothing about this subjuct really, my point is mearly that Dan and mark have had a decat (one on a GTI and and the other a sport) and havent said a bad word about them.

Think dan said his graph showed an increase in torque thoughout the range, he does have a few other breathing mods though i think........ probably best if they comment rather than me!