Advice on how to fit a gearbox back on

Hi guys

I need some advice on how to fit a lupo gearbox back on, finding it really difficult.

Ive removed the original gearbox without a problem, however, fitting the new gearbox is not as easy.

any advice or tips on how to slot it in place ?

something always comes in the way, either the subframe or something !

Got to make sure the clutch is lined up exactly (im sure it was that causing problems with mine)

Long as you cleared everything out of the way and its the correct gearbox then it should go back quite easy. We done mine and the car was only a set of axle stands :lol:

As Ben said... Have you fitted a new clutch?

Just about getting eveyr thing square.

definately make sure the friction plate hasnt shifted when you removed the box. get the box lifted up into position and get someone to turn the crankshaft whilst trying to push the box on, probably just the splines out of alignment. would recommend cleaning up the dowels and greasing them aswell mate. hope that helps.

Have you ****ed the center of the clutch plate through trying to line it up, I did that once.

he should hopefully be able to clean it up though with a decent file if he has. what did you do that on??? must of been made of chocolate, or you built like the incredible hulk? :lol:

Edited by jonnykell1980

he should hopefully be able to clean it up though with a decent file if he has. what did you do that on??? must of been made of chocolate, or you built like the incredible hulk? :lol:

Hardly :D

It was a KA, floating centre in the middle, ripped it out, think it was faulty anyway, got another, went straight in.

done !

Finally fitted the gearbox on....what a nightmare !

the problem i had was Not fitting the gearbox on to the spindle but lifting the gearbox into position, inline with the spindle.

every time i lifted the gearbox, it would touch the subframe, or the something ! but with the help of 2 mates, i finally fitted it.