Will these fit 16inch x 7.5inch wheels??

SoulSeat

I hope I've made a good choice and that the wheels I got the other day will fit :confused:. I got six second-hand wheels which are 16" x 7.5" with four them having ET38 and two them with ET35. I was thinking of wrapping four of them in 195/50/16 to get a little stretch (not too much) and eventually put them on my car when I get coilovers to lower it. I got these for a bargain and I thought it would handy couple of spares because of the really bad roads. I'm not sure if I will need any rear arch work done and/or fit spacers? Could anyone give me some advice please? :paperbag: Thanks

Thanks Jamie and Tom. Don't worry Tom I won't be dishing the pain mate LOL. Do either of you think I will need spacers even thin ones for the front? Sory about the tyre sizes guys, I meant to put 195/45/R16 not the 50 profile. I thought there might be a little arch clearance on the rear with most of the wheels having ET38 and the others ET35 or would they hit the shocker? I was hoping to get away without having to roll the rear arches. I will try to put up a pic of what the alloys look like.... Change of subject now. Jamie, did you go to the SVAG meet at Kames over the weekend? I saw the weather for that area and gave it a miss :( If you were there what was it like, was it busy?

Stuart

Just noticed those nice rims on yours Tom. Are they 16's and wots the offset and tyre sizes on those? Look tight in the arch on the pic.

Just put a pic up to let you all see the alloys I'm on about :wacko: Thought they looked a little bit similar to Audi 5stud 5 spoke alloys. I'm not sure the full name of these only that they're made by Alessio. :shades:

MyAllesio16inchx75inchAlloys.jpg

mine are only resting up against the car LOL... still dont know if i'm going to get them drilled and run them

..and what was that Reed....oh no, its just my 3piece 16" gotti splits calling me ;):P

nice wheels those, spacers would only add to your problem mate, get them fitted with smallest tyres possible adn then fit them , its th eonly way your ever truly going to know..

Thanks Jowey, you think 165's will stretch that far? :surprise: LoL. Thanks Jamie, will do, do you know what my alloys are called? Tom, you should get em drilled and fitted. If they look as sweet as they do in the pic you'll be laughing mate :thumbsup:

Nah 165/40's really ain't a good idea if you like the lips on your rims...

I ran 195/40's on some 16x7.5's with 10mm spacers on my old Lupo, sat fine and only rubbed up front on full lock.

Tom get the Gotti's on and stop boasting about how many pieces you have :lol:

Edit: Meant to mention they were et38 pre-spacing

Edited by Reed

Thanks everyone I'm sure your just ever so slightly nuts Phil :wacko: , you must like driving round on metal rims :wtf: LOL

I wouldnt want to do many miles on 165/45's stretched that much .. but I'm pretty sure they'd go on.

Will get away with 195/40's depends how low you are really whether you want to do any arch work etc.

Thanks Mike_M, Jowey, Croakey, Philplop, Reed & Jamiea7x for all your help and advice:thumbup: It may be a while yet before I get tyres for my new 16's as I'm still saving for a set of AP Coilovers:tumbleweed: