The best ... Polish and wax

Sophie_M

I wash mine with autoglym shampoo (can't remember exact name off top of my head, big white bottle, green writing) and a meguires washmitt, dry it with a meguires synthetic chamois. I then polish it with autoglym super resin polish. Then polish the exhaust with autoglym metal polish. Wheels with autoglym clean wheels an glass with fast glass and a few sheets of bounty. Anything by meguires or autoglym iv probably used in the past and found it all to be pretty good, obviously theres better stuff out there but you can end up payin through the nose for it!

How you findin the lupo then???

Edited by GtiJames

Personally i wash, rinse off, wash again, rinse off and dry, clay, wash for the third time, dry. The paint should now be totally clean.

now i use autoglym super resin polish all over. then i use autoglym gloss protection all over. then i use dodo juice orange crush wax. then i finish off with some dodo juice red mist.

Then use all the other necessarys on the glass, plastics and wheels :)

My once in a blue moon approach is a good slug of Turtle Wax detergent in a B&Q builders bucket of hot water, sponge it all on, rinse it off. Go in for a brew.

My once in a blue moon approach is a good slug of Turtle Wax detergent in a B&Q builders bucket of hot water, sponge it all on, rinse it off. Go in for a brew.

Haha might have to take ur approach next time its just taken me 3 hours to do mine :)

LOL. That's not detailing though Iain.

You've got me there, but the Altea and Ibiza are both sporting the "Beirut Style" so even soap is optional. Our break to Cornwall next week will add unhooverupable sand from the carpets for more desert authenticity ;)

My record is three solid days.

I felt like i was going to die afterwards it mind.

THREE DAYS! bet your arms felt like they were about to fall off.

I spent about 6 on mine today and was mighty bored by the end

F*cking hell marcus! you were hammering it! 6 days cleaning all in one day!

LOL 6 hours i mean!!! i think after 6 days of cleaning one car, there wouldnt be any paint left!! especially on my sunburnt red haha

the other day i spent about 3 hours on the paintwork, 2 on the inside. i think thats long enough to be honest

i can spend about 6 doing the outside and interior,

but tend to do that befor shows

it does get a good few hours every 3 or 4 days though

and as for products

autoglym, meguiars, dod juice, poor boys

there all good and not silly priced tbf

as for products i use the whole Auto Glym range. very good for the money, especially the surface detailing kit

I use Chemical Guys stuff mainly (shampoo, quick detailer, glaze etc) and Dodo juice waxes and limeprime.

As for the longest cleaning session, I managed about 30 hours over 3 days getting ready for Ultimate Dubs, had to use some holiday time from work aswell LOL! :)

My record is three solid days.

I felt like i was going to die afterwards it mind.

3 days :o ... dont you have a job lol

I dont think i would be able do it for that long thort 3 hours polish'n n wax'n it was good

3 days :o ... dont you have a job lol

I dont think i would be able do it for that long thort 3 hours polish'n n wax'n it was good

he has a better job than any of us lot do! lol.

also - Bank Holiday weekends ;)