Arch mods

spud1

I've got a set of 13" alloys for my rosa, ET6 with 25mm spacers front/rear. Makes tyres stick out about an inch, was told by a bobby who came into work that this is illegal (what the feck for i dont know).

How far can the arches be pulled out without messing up the bumper lines? I took it to a couple of bodshops, one said it'd be easier to get an arch extension kit and tigarseal them on and the other, Elite bodyworx (or should that be shoddyworx? but thats another story for another time) told me it'd cost me around £300 per side, which i thought was fooking extorsionate.

Was wondering how far people have taken their arches and if anywheres got a good rep for doing them. Im based in East yorkshire.

How much should it cost? And how long does it take to be done?

Cheers for any info,

Matt

you can roll and flare your arches - speak to the guys at archenemy.co.uk - they charge around £80 for a pair of arches n about £140 or something for all 4.

you can also run a stretch to avoid catching the tyres on the bodywork, depending how low you are.

300 is a goo price if theyre painting afterwards, as pulled arches will need repainting

No that was without paint, wanted £100+vat per panel for paint, which i thouhgt was an ok price for painting

you can roll and flare your arches - speak to the guys at archenemy.co.uk - they charge around £80 for a pair of arches n about £140 or something for all 4.

you can also run a stretch to avoid catching the tyres on the bodywork, depending how low you are.

Cheers i'll give them a go. Its on TA coilover, wound right down with rear adjuster plates removed but i'm gonna put adjusters back in cos i keep getting beeched on speed bumps n bending my sills :angry: I run a 1755013 fulda tyre, theyres a medium stretch but nothing mental, i still wanna hammer it round corners without them popping off the beads.

Avoid arch enemey, i've heard a few horror stories about them! I've had my arches rolled by Greg Howell at Southam Bodies, he charges £25 an arch for just rolling, if you want it pulled etc it will cost more, but hes a top bloke, and top work :)

archenemy have a coupla different guys around the country - the guy I spoke to was brilliant - he did the arches on my Passat - no paint cracking and was very knowledgable about what could and couldn't be done with my car.

Could you just not use the spacers?

I have to use the spacers, my wheels wont fit over the calipers if i dont. ha. look miles better with the spacers too. Poke all the way!!!!! B)

i can flare your arches, only problem is with flaring you will deffo need a respray, they cannot just paint the arches as you see the colour difference, my brother is a fully qualified painter, you will need it blending from the arch up and across the rear quarters, so by the time you have done you will have basically had a full blow over, look in parts forsale section, i have a post in there with prices for rolling and flaring